Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat out of sorts after worm and flea treatment

• 02-06-2012 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

i gave my cat a drontal (3/4 of the xl shes 4.6k) yesterday morning and applied frontline spot on last night

today she seems a bit down, im wondering is this normal, maybe i should have waited a day or two between treatments...

she is not purring when i pet her (shes a purrbox usually)
    went straight past the food bowl this morning, although devoured tesco treat
    not interested in me too much, usually follows me around the house...

btw she is a sensitive cat and went bald after stronghold last time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

My gut instinct says not to do the two together, one set of chemicals is probably enough. I'm sure she'll be fine, it's probably the worm pill that's got her down. She might be huffy with you for pilling her, it takes mine a while to forgive me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Drontal always made our two a bit off-colour for a day or so afterwards. Last time we went to the vets she gave us a different one (Milbemax?) that we just pop into their food that has a 'palatable' smell/taste to it. It just disappears together with all the other kibble thus avoiding a wrestling match, and seems also to not affect them too badly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

planetX wrote: »
    My gut instinct says not to do the two together, one set of chemicals is probably enough. I'm sure she'll be fine, it's probably the worm pill that's got her down. She might be huffy with you for pilling her, it takes mine a while to forgive me.
    Cats don't have the ability to either hold a gruge or express forgiveness. If anything the worming tablet has affected her somewhat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Cats don't have the ability to either hold a gruge or express forgiveness. If anything the worming tablet has affected her somewhat

:D you think so? I don't agree, well I do about forgiveness... I'm not into humanising animals but they certainly do hold a grudge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

thanks for the replies folks

i was sure it was the treatments as she had an adverse reaction before but when later i saw her also unsteady on her feet i did a legger to the vet

she had been bitten so shes had a shot of anti-inflammatory and shes on an antibiotic now

on the plus side she is not bald after frotline so can stick with that!

thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement