Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc securewatch tamper

Options
  • 02-06-2012 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, question if any one could help? I have a hkc securewatch alarm in the apartment. Last night our heat sensor alarm went off and my flat mate opened the main panel lid to see if it was anything there. Of course, house alarm then went off too. The code turned off the alarm but now there is a message saying fault, panel lid tamper. Does anyone know how to fix this or had it before? There was no problems at all previously

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The panel lid has not been closed correctly. Try open & close again . You should hear the tamer spring clink closed once the lid in on and secured correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

I think the problem is the panel lid Is loose. I had it there for a few minutes fixed but the lid must have slipped down or something cause the alarm went off and the sme fault came up

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Check that the spring is not bending out of place. The lid should close tightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

There's a hook on the bottom of the lid it should slide into the panel and swing closed

Advertisement