Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CCleaner for Mac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Yep. Gave up with it as it messes with iTunes store on iTunes, amongst other stuff. You don't need these cleaners for mac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

I use Onyx, but only before and after migrating to a different Mac using Migration Assistant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Please DON'T use any form of "cleaner" or "performance enhancer" that claims to speed up your Mac. They all cause problems of one kind or another. (MacKeeper is especially insidious.)

Mac OSX has built-in "housekeeping" that works while your Mac is left on overnight. (You DO leave your Mac on overnight, don't you? If not then please do so at least once per week.)

The safest "cleaner" I've found is "AppleJack". If things go horribly wrong, and a reboot doesn't solve it, "AppleJack" often does.

If "AppleJack" fails to help, then I use "DiskWarrior".

"Power Users" can try "Onyx" (it's good - but dangerous in the wrong hands).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Nah, I tend not to go near stuff like that. I've removed CCleaner anyway.

Nope, I don't leave it on overnight. What is the in-built housekeeping? Will it operate when the machine is asleep? Is it set by default to run at night?

http://www.chetnet.co.uk/portal/forum/archive/index.php?t-4158.html

This is very out of date. I really don't know what happens in "Lion" but it's probably an improvement.

(I'm still using "Tiger" and "snow Leopard" so I run "AppleJack" once a month.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks for that. Snow Leopard here, also.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

Lion cache cleaner is the best app for the job. I use it every 2 weeks and always speeds up my mac.:)

Use with caution. Read reviews at the bottom of this page: http://download.cnet.com/Lion-Cache-Cleaner/3000-18512_4-27219.html

Advertisement