Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Withdrawals allowed on account.

Options
  • 02-06-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I went into my internet banking this morning to transfer my rent to the landlord. I have an old AIB bank account which i get my Child Benefit into and nothing else goes through that account. I tried to transfer my Child Benefit to another account and it wouldn't let me. I then transferred some money to this account to make up the sum of €800 to pay my rent to my landlord today by way of transfer and when i went to transfer the funds to the landlords account it wouldn't let. I rang AIB gave them the ref i got online with internet banking and they said the branch has decided no withdrawals on that account. She couldnt tell me why and i have to wait until Tuesday to speak to the branch and i now can't pay my rent and its my first month in a new house and i don't have the money in another account to pay it. I was allowed put money into the account but i wasn't allowed withdraw. I dont have a loan with AIb and i don't owe them money can anyone help me with this why would i not be allowed withdraw?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I dont know why they did this, it probably raised a fraud flag due to lack of use, but when you get this sorted you should make a formal complaint and detail how much hassel this has caused you. I know id be hopping mad if this happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Evelyn Martina

Thats what i was thinking the only funds that have been going into it for years is my child benefit and i just transfer it to another account when it comes in it has been just laziness on my part that i didn't change my bank account with child benefit. I even rang the bank the other day to change my address on the accounts because i had moved and nobody said anything to me, i'm livid and i've already had to give excuses to my new landlord on my first month in the house. Thanks for the reply.:)

Advertisement