Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ristorante Del Arte the crescent

• 02-06-2012 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

ok so going there tonight and wondering if its any good??? also would i have to make a booking. its either there or god forbid the texas steakout:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

I like Del Arte for lunch with the kids when in the Crescent but if it was a toss up for me for dinner I would choose Texas Steakout. I have never made a booking, just walked in however that was during the day. Are they open in the evening apart from the late nights on Thursday & Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

yea the website says they are open until 10 anyway. well im bringing the girlfriend and her friends from home. we where thinking Spur since its beside teh cinema....................... but i only realised spur has been closed for sometime :D so thinking about trying this place anyway. i used to love texas steakout but they have changed their portion sizes so much that its not as nice anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

honestly id go with texas steak out over the one in the crescent. to be honest id go with eddie rockets before id go there again. didnt like it at all. neither did any of my friends who have gone.

but its been a while since i went so it may have improved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Not a fan of Del Arte. The Hamptons never disappoints!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SeaDawg00

Del Arte is not great at all to be honest. Russell's on Fr.Russel Road has food to die for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

wingnut wrote: »
    The Hamptons never disappoints!

Was there last night! Half a duck! Unreal! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

Was there last night! Half a duck! Unreal! :)

not a fan of hamptons food not great and found staff rude :mad: that was about 2years ago could have changed now but rudeness from staff turns me off going to a 5star resterant cant beat the cornstore or maccro polo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

not a fan of hamptons food not great and found staff rude :mad: that was about 2years ago could have changed now but rudeness from staff turns me off going to a 5star resterant cant beat the cornstore or maccro polo :)

Haven't tried Cornstore or Marco yet. Haven't heard great reviews but I always like to be my own judge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭toothie

Collin's Bar in Dooradoyle is absolutely gorgeous for food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I like the Del Arte restaurant, the food is unusual and mostly tastes nice but whatever you do, don't order their Del Arte salad - it's mostly pickled artichokes and raw mushroom.
    I couldn't eat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

toothie wrote: »
    Collin's Bar in Dooradoyle is absolutely gorgeous for food.

You obviously dont have high standards if you think its absolutely gorgeous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Have to disagree. Read the thread on Marco Polo - food there is plain awful. Hamptons staff are fantastic they have always been great to us at least and we are in there at least once a week.

Agree on Cornstore - great place for food.

Collin's food is good but would go there for bite after work or carvery for match/weekend, wouldn't consider it for a meal out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭leakyboots

wingnut wrote: »
    Have to disagree. Read the thread on Marco Polo - food there is plain awful. Hamptons staff are fantastic they have always been great to us at least and we are in there at least once a week.

Agree on Cornstore - great place for food.

Collin's food is good but would go there for bite after work or carvery for match/weekend, wouldn't consider it for a meal out.

xxlauraxxox - Have eaten in Marcos a couple of times recently, found the food and staff excellent. The duck is as good as you'd get in the south of France.

Some of our group went back there the following day for lunch after we had a 30th birthday there the previous night and the manager gave them a free round of drinks.

Don't believe the negative reviews, they're mostly from when it first opened - every restaurant will have issues in the beginning.

As for the Cornstore - I had the worst meal I've had in Limerick in there, they made an absolute balls of my steak, won't be returning again.

The Red Onion is a great spot, give that place a turn soon, you won't regret it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

This is all probably too late but.....

I'd highly recommend Freddies bistro. Food is fantastic and they are very reasonable - €20 early bird 2 course (up to 7:30). €25 after that I think.
    Was there on friday and had the nicest steak I've had in years.:)

Steak out is good too but it's not freddies.

I wouldn't be a fan of the Cornstore. At best it's average quality.
    Nothing worse than getting something in a restaurant that you could have cooked better yourself at home.

If you're looking for italian La Cucina
    is the best in limerick and it's only down the road from the Storm cinema.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think the OP's query has been forgotten at this stage. We have a stickied thread at the top of the forum for restaurant reviews, if anybody wants to continue this discussion.

Advertisement