Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

household charge in waterford. money well spent!

Options
  • 02-06-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

For those of you who kept asking the question "what do I get for my €100??", yesterday's events in kilbarry should go some of the way to explaining it. Well done to the city council!!! P.s. those people who encouraged people not to pay are quiet enough when you point to projects like this:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah come on now the Kilbarry project has been under way for years!

Maintaining it to a decent level of visitor friendliness is what the 100 euro will go towards though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I fcuking hate that rolleyes smiley. There's no better and faster way to tell people you're a smug cnut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

go way the people of waterford have been contributing towards that "dump" for years why should they pay anymore for it???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Myself and Mike are sick of looking out the window at a dump for the last 20 years. Now we have a nice park to look at. Gimme all your monies so we can keep it looking nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

For those of you who kept asking the question "what do I get for my €100??", yesterday's events in kilbarry should go some of the way to explaining it. Well done to the city council!!! P.s. those people who encouraged people not to pay are quiet enough when you point to projects like this:rolleyes:

Were you really expecting everyone to agree with this tripe???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

But thats nowhere near me and i don't ever drive past it. So where's my money helping me? (Not that i paid it...)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

BazBox wrote: »
    Were you really expecting everyone to agree with this tripe???

I'm just reminding ye that the council does good work too!!! People are very quick to criticise and slow to give credit when it's due!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I'm just reminding ye that the council does good work too!!! People are very quick to criticise and slow to give credit when it's due!!

Pardon me, I thought that a builder developed the park not the council? There was no sign of 10 men standing around a hole with a guy on a digger reading the paper for the day as far as I am aware.

And how you honestly think that your €100 service charge went towards this I will never know. I think that you may be a bit gullible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

The same council who opposed the household charge? Have a quiet word with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I fcuking hate that rolleyes smiley. There's no better and faster way to tell people you're a smug cnut.

But, for that exact reason, it's very useful!

• Advertisement

gscully wrote: »
    The same council who opposed the household charge? Have a quiet word with yourself.

Opposed it???!! It didn't stop them collecting it!

Pardon me, I thought that a builder developed the park not the council? There was no sign of 10 men standing around a hole with a guy on a digger reading the paper for the day as far as I am aware.

And how you honestly think that your €100 service charge went towards this I will never know. I think that you may be a bit gullible.
    Jesus wept!!!!!! 100 euro went to council. Council then spent it on public services such as new park. Is that beyond you????!
    Who do you think paid the builder???? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Jesus wept!!!!!! 100 euro went to council. Council then spent it on public services such as new park. Is that beyond you????!
    Who do you think paid the builder???? :rolleyes:

Nothing went to the councils yet........... but thousands have been taken away already.

As if the household charge muck is for this sort of stuff anyway.....

mikom wrote: »
    Nothing went to the councils yet........... but thousands have been taken away already.

As if the household charge muck is for this sort of stuff anyway.....

It is precisely to fund local councils and the many services and facilities that they provide!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

nkay1985 wrote: »
    But, for that exact reason, it's very useful!
    :rolleyes:

;)

It is precisely to fund local councils and the many services and facilities that they provide!!!

You owe Hans 10 Euro.
    You take 10 Euro from the tea kitty and give it to Hans.
    Even though I have already contributed to the tea kitty, you come along and ask me for 10 Euro on top of what I have already contributed.
    Now tell me....... what is the 10 Euro you demanded paying for?

mikom wrote: »
    You owe Hans 10 Euro.
    You take 10 Euro from the tea kitty and give it to Hans.
    Even though I have already contributed to the tea kitty, you come along and ask me for 10 Euro on top of what I have already contributed.
    Now tell me....... what is the 10 Euro you demanded paying for?

Ffs!!! The answer is obvious---- TEA!!;)

Ffs!!! The answer is obvious---- TEA!!;)

Tea for two by the looks of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Myself and Mike are sick of looking out the window at a dump for the last 20 years. Now we have a nice park to look at. Gimme all your monies so we can keep it looking nice.

You and Mike live together?
    I did not know this.
    Are ye two a couple?
    Am I the only one who didn't know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

longshanks wrote: »
    You and Mike live together?
    I did not know this.
    Are ye two a couple?
    Am I the only one who didn't know this?

I always had my suspicions, they do make a lovely couple tho.

• Advertisement

MitchKoobski makes a grand first cuppa tea of the day you know!

/he has me doing the ironing :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

For those of you who kept asking the question "what do I get for my €100??", yesterday's events in kilbarry should go some of the way to explaining it.

Right so a part that has been in the making for agesssss got refunding say 12-24months ago from a scheme that only had payments made in April 2012. Amazing that
    Well done to the city council!!! P.s. those people who encouraged people not to pay are quiet enough when you point to projects like this:rolleyes:

The park is nice I'm sure but to be honest your talking out your behind to think it was in anyway funded by the household charge scheme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

And those that live well away from Kilbarry or any similar parks in Dungarvan, what do they get. I will tell you sweet F all. I saw a man recently doing some building work at his house, and when he was finished, with some cement he had left over, went out on the road and filled some of the pot wholes which the council are not filling and have driven over many times every week with since the bad weather we got at the end of 2010 and early 2011. There is also a stretch of road near me, which has four water leaks on it with a few weeks and are getting worse by the day. Again the council lorry with two or three men are driving past them on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

And what about all the €100's that the council spend foolish each year, often to send councillors and employees off on stupid junkets that we never see any good come out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

And dont forget the mess of the Quay beside the GPO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

The household charge is collected to pay councillors their fantastic salaries and gold plated pensions.

Cynicism only works if its based in truth.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    The household charge is collected to pay councillors their fantastic salaries and gold plated pensions.
    Gold plated pensions for councillors??!!!! That's a good one!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Gold plated pensions for councillors??!!!! That's a good one!!:D:D:D:D

It sure is, considering that your €100 euro is going to pay towards it. It's also guaranteed. Unlike yours, unless you yourself are working in the public sector.

Here's a handy way to save money. We have over 1600 councillours in this country. We could easily ditch two thirds of them.

• Advertisement

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    It sure is, considering that your €100 euro is going to pay towards it. It's also guaranteed. Unlike yours, unless you yourself are working in the public sector.

Here's a handy way to save money. We have over 1600 councillours in this country. We could easily ditch two thirds of them.

I had to be the one to break it to you, but councillors do not receive a pension of any description!!!

Advertisement