Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ras scheme contract is up!?

Options
  • 02-06-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hey quick question anyone know what happens after the 4year contract runs out?
    Will i be off the ras scheme?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭yellowtrout

What happens is-the council (or you) will ask the landlord if he wants to continue leasing the house to you for another fixed amount of years.
    If he agrees, another lease is signed.
    If he doesn't want to renew the lease, then the council have to find you another willing landlord for the scheme and you start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yashio

What happens is-the council (or you) will ask the landlord if he wants to continue leasing the house to you for another fixed amount of years.
    If he agrees, another lease is signed.
    If he doesn't want to renew the lease, then the council have to find you another willing landlord for the scheme and you start again.

Thank you for reply that makes me feel a bit safer knowing that im not going to off the scheme altogether
    So its pretty much long term support?

You were eligible for the scheme--that won't change unless your personal circumstances change.
    Just because your lease is up now doesn't mean you're off the scheme.
    The council have to find you another place if your landlord doesn't want to continue with the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yashio

You were eligible for the scheme--that won't change unless your personal circumstances change.
    Just because your lease is up now doesn't mean you're off the scheme.
    The council have to find you another place if your landlord doesn't want to continue with the scheme.

Thats another thing what if im to get a job ?i know rent goes up but will i be off the scheme that way?
    Kind regards

No, you will still be on the scheme if you get a job.
    Your rent will increase slightly but it won't be major.
    As far as I know, you're currently paying 10% of your earnings and if you find employment I think that goes up to 15% but don't quote me on that.
    You won't be off the scheme if you find work.
    You should contact the council if you're unsure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement