Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimping tools

Options
  • 02-06-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I need to crimp a BNC connector to some coax cable, and do not have the equipment and its too expensive for a one time job.
    Does anyone know a place in Galway city that would crimp the connection for me? or loan me a crimp tool? The one in maplin is €45 seems very expensive for a one/two time job.
    I need to attach a BNC crimp to RG 58 cable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

A/V department in the university might have one if you pop in and ask nicely, dunno. If they don't they might at least know where you can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭tphase

:) Physics might be a better bet....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Or maybe O'Connors service dept on Sean Mulvoy Rd, or one of the NTL service vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Thanks, in the end i got a chisel and mallet, actually worked fine, messy but did the job.

Advertisement