Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NUIG "off-topic" thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Gatame wrote: »
    From June 10th on-wards I think. If I remember correctly it was 10th -16th or 10th -20th.. so could be anytime in that period.

keep an eye on it here

https://www.mis.nuigalway.ie/regexam/results_personal_schedule.asp?ay=2013&sess=2&assessment_sitting=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Can anybody link me to the personal timetables for repeats.

This is all I'm getting and there's no link to it showing up on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Can anybody link me to the personal timetables for repeats.

This is all I'm getting and there's no link to it showing up on my phone.

https://www.mis.nuigalway.ie/regexam/time_table_personal_form.asp?ay=2013&sess=3

Enter your details and hopefully that should work :)

HugsiePie wrote: »

Thanks. I had it before, just couldn't find it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I see the registration is up for next semester. I totally forget how it works though. When I go to register all I can see is an option for paying the fees but I have renewed my grant, but there doesn't seem to be any option to say that the Grant is paying the 6000 or so, whatever it is. Not sure what to do?

Oops, nevermind, seems it's actually not open til Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Does anyone know of any (outdoor) basketball courts around NUIG/Galway City itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭wmirl

I *think* there's some over on the Westside playing fields near Dunnes but it's been a while since I've been over that side of town, so I don't know if they're still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

There's some in Corrib Village, isn't there? There's also one on Bóthar Úi Fhlathartaigh, near the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

The Tyndall theatre is impossible to find. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Kayleigh.. wrote: »

http://www.nuigalway.ie/campus-map/?id=77&go=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Kayleigh.. wrote: »

go in through the double doors the opposite side of the concourse from the bank, keep walking straight and you'll see it a good bit down the hall on your left!

I've a touchy subject I want to bring up with the college doctor, something I'd really only feel comfortable just talking to them directly about and skipping the nurse beforehand if that's possible.

Can you do that? I remember being there before when I was really sick and I think I had to state what was wrong with me at the reception desk first and then go to the nurse, and finally the doctor. I'd really just want to skip to the doctor with this issue tbh.

I've a touchy subject I want to bring up with the college doctor, something I'd really only feel comfortable just talking to them directly about and skipping the nurse beforehand if that's possible.

Can you do that? I remember being there before when I was really sick and I think I had to state what was wrong with me at the reception desk first and then go to the nurse, and finally the doctor. I'd really just want to skip to the doctor with this issue tbh.

You can possibly just request this. Just mention that it's a "touchy subject" and the receptionist should understand. Good luck!

Tell them you're suffering from a fear of nurses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You could always just tell them it's something else?

I'm envisioning something like this:

_Redzer_: I'd like to see the doctor, please. There's something wrong with my penis.
    Receptionist: Hush! People can hear, you know. Go out and come back in and pretend there's something wrong with your ear or something instead, then you can tell the doctor when you get inside.
    Exeunt _Redzer_
    Enter _Redzer_
    _Redzer_: I'd like to see the doctor, please. There's something wrong with my ear.
    Receptionist: Certainly, sir. What appears to be the problem?
    _Redzer_: It burns when I piss out of it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Anyone else find Eduroam dodgy today? I keep getting disconnected, slower than NUIGWiFi too

Mr. G wrote: »
    Anyone else find Eduroam dodgy today? I keep getting disconnected, slower than NUIGWiFi too

Yep, kept getting a "No internet access" error. Just disconnect/reconnect and it's back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

can someone tell me how I pay library fines?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tigergirl

Does anyone know why they put new doors in outside the Kirwan theater on the concourse? Extra pigeon security?

Have to spend the budget somewhere, I suppose. Presumably the doors are less draughty, though it might serve their interests better not to have the radiators on on the concourse during the summer. Or maybe they want to make the corridors that little bit more difficult to navigate.

Are the new doors Joe-proof?

• Advertisement

Ficheall wrote: »

Joe-proof? :confused::o

Have to spend the budget somewhere, I suppose. Presumably the doors are less draughty, though it might serve their interests better not to have the radiators on on the concourse during the summer. Or maybe they want to make the corridors that little bit more difficult to navigate.

Alas, I fear your reference is lost on the more recent comers to NUIG.

This might jog some memories

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

J o e wrote: »
    Joe-proof? :confused::o

Soz, Joe.

(hug)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Soz, Joe.

(hug)

great what did i do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Hahaha good ole Joe...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

There's a dog on the loose in the library :rolleyes:

We've got a new NUIG Dog! I've missed Foxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The dog was in Smokies earlier :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Mr. G wrote: »
    There's a dog on the loose in the library :rolleyes:

****in missed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

What time do PC suites generally stay open on Saturdays/Sundays? Need somewhere to study after the library closes tomorrow, not a big fan of the lecture theaters and I reckon a seat in the RR would be pretty unlikely.

Advertisement