Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another death thread

• 02-06-2012 2:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30

Its quite an easy question really, little grey area for this one.

If you were to know tomorrow that you had maximum 10 years of life left how would you take this news. Smile or frown?

Its not to say that you wouldn't still be prone to dying before that time, as per our everyday lives. Its not to suggest that anything else would change significantly.
    Life would otherwise be pretty much as it is today.

But you'd just know you had a ten year irreversible maximum limit.

Would this make you happy or sad overall?

(Now I know lots of people have heard the 'how would you live' version of this, to which theres usually lots of answers involving saving lives and snorting coke but this is not that question).

(if you want to know, my answer is 'happy') (edit: the means of passing would be no better or worse than any other possible daily death.)

The news of my max 10 year limit would make me 30 votes

Happy
    0% 0 votes
    Sad
    6% 2 votes
    Indifferent
    93% 28 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Are you my clone?
    I'm Fred, nice to meet you.
    Ted usually posts though 90percent of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I don't know if I'd be okay with it but I'd be able to work it. At least I'd feel something for --- life. When you're told you're about to lose something, it becomes a lot more valuable.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Wouldnt be in the least bit happy :mad: , There's so much more I'd like to experience in life that I couldnt possibly cram into ten years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I'd be well annoyed. One of the biggest things I'm looking forward to is being a Dad, and this would mean that I would have a maximum of ten years to get to know my oldest kid and help him grow up.

No graduations, no girlfriends, no grandkids. I'd be pretty devestated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Well I'm only 25 so I'd be a bit pissed off if I only had 10 years left.
    But I'd make the most of every second I had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I would smile and prove them wrong,I like a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

10 years to live

And I've got all that money in the bank

I'll never spend it in 10 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I'd be confused but slightly horny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'd kill myself right there and then. That'd show them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I don't wanna die! I'm only just finished college - now its all for nothing.

grand for people who are older, they've lived their lives, I havn't even gotten to that!

Thanks OP I'm very, very sad now ... :(:(:(

/Sob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Would we get some money or anything with this revelation.

Free tickets to Clara Lara even?

Would we get some money or anything with this revelation.

Free tickets to Clara Lara even?

I hate Clara Lara :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My children are 16 and 20 and I never thought I'd say it.. But I'm looking forward to being a grandad to their children.. Ten years?, it would go in the blink of an eye ~ I'd be sad, very sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

The measure of your life comes from the quality and not the quantity, some people live more in a single day then others will do in a whole lifetime.

If I was told I only had 10 years left, It would make me sad for a little while but ultimately it would motivate me to lead a more fulfilling life in the present, i.e. writing a lot more posts for boards, or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

My children are 16 and 20 and I never thought I'd say it.. But I'm looking forward to being a grandad to their children.. Ten years?, it would go in the blink of an eye ~ I'd be sad, very sad.

hold the phone, youve a kid whose older than me.......dafuq. haha weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

1st thing I'd do is ring in sick

No more work!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I'd get as many wimmenz preggars as possible, sure f*ck it won't be stuck for someone to carry the coffin :)

I'd get as many wimmenz preggars as possible, sure f*ck it won't be stuck for someone to carry the coffin :)

Don't think 10 year olds would be able to carry a coffin no matter how many you had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Don't think 10 year olds would be able to carry a coffin no matter how many you had

Would be funny to watch. I was thinking like the way Egyptians carried the stones for the pyramids or something. I'd like a big procession like that :)

Would be funny to watch. I was thinking like the way Egyptians carried the stones for the pyramids or something. I'd like a big procession like that :)

Haha REMEMBER ME!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The measure of your life comes from the quality and not the quantity, some people live more in a single day then others will do in a whole lifetime.

Its better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a butterfly.

I used to agree with this, and sometimes to an extent I still do.. But now that I'm of an age where grandchildren are a possibility I wanna live life as a butterfly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Well I for one would ask the fortune teller who told me this where I can find the fountain of youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

Sad, I'd hate to know when I was gonna die.

Advertisement