Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scopetronic Homeguard system question

Options
  • 02-06-2012 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi. I wonder would somebody be able to help - I have a Scopetronic Homeguard system, and one of the zones A3 is giving problems , and I need to be able to "inhibit" this zone to stop it going off un-nessecarily (as its gone off when there is no intruder or anything near the house).

I followed the instructions : arm the system, and inhibit it using * 3 *, but it doesn't seem to work and I can't figure out how to input the *A3* rather than just *3* (as its just a number keypad and no letters).

Would anyone know how to inhibit Zone A3 while leaving the rest of the system on ?

Thanks very much for any advice or suggestions . Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi Mike, you are doing the correct thing that is CODE *3* That should indeed inhibit zone 3, therefore making it unused. I wonder though by any chance was the cause of the activation t3, ie the tamper of zone 3?

Just another question for you, after you input *3* is there a h symbol coming up before the set symbol (which is a _ symbol)?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

Hi. Thanks for the help. Yeah - The "h" symbol didn't come up at all. So I guess I'm doing something wrong somewhere. We thought we had it inhibited, but then zone A3 went off again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you want to isolate it for now open the panel & disconnect the pair of wires from the zone 3 input . Replace these with a short length of cable or a staple.
    Remember to turn off the mains power before opening the lid.

Advertisement