Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to prepare for English Paper 1? OL

• 02-06-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how do I prepare for paper 1 of OL English. Should I learn off an essay, speech etc. or whats the story? I dont know where to start :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Just wondering how do I prepare for paper 1 of OL English. Should I learn off an essay, speech etc. or whats the story? I dont know where to start :(

Just take it as one expressed point per 4 marks for the comprehensions.

Each point you need to refer to the text, make your point clear and then explain why your point reflects what you referenced.

For the essay, just make sure you're fully comfortable with your question before starting. Make a plan and make sure you can write enough to fill the 100 marks. Do what you think you can write more than enough on and then write all the good parts.

Also; it's easy to forget the mechanics marks. It's 10% of your paper, and a very easy 10% to pick up if you're careful.

Good luck mate. Just be positive and you'll be fine. Make sure you get loads of sleep too because your mind will work better after rest and you'll be able to think about points with more clarity and perfection.

(:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

An0n wrote: »
    Just take it as one expressed point per 4 marks for the comprehensions.

Each point you need to refer to the text, make your point clear and then explain why your point reflects what you referenced.

For the essay, just make sure you're fully comfortable with your question before starting. Make a plan and make sure you can write enough to fill the 100 marks. Do what you think you can write more than enough on and then write all the good parts.

Also; it's easy to forget the mechanics marks. It's 10% of your paper, and a very easy 10% to pick up if you're careful.

Good luck mate. Just be positive and you'll be fine. Make sure you get loads of sleep too because your mind will work better after rest and you'll be able to think about points with more clarity and perfection.

(:
    Thanks for your advice. I will try to take that on board and hopefully I wont mess up on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

Eat some waffles before as you'll need to be full up on waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

treely wrote: »
    Eat some waffles before as you'll need to be full up on waffle.

Ahaha nice. ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

The amount of waffle that will be coming out of my pen tomorrow will be something else :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement