Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Question

• 02-06-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Does anyone know answers to those questions ???

1. The safety features incorporated into Manual Metal Arc welding equipment.

2. The difference between the filler material used in manual metal arc welding and oxy-acetylene welding ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

basti2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know answers to those questions ???

1. The safety features incorporated into Manual Metal Arc welding equipment.

2. The difference between the filler material used in manual metal arc welding and oxy-acetylene welding ???

Not a clue have they ever came up in past papers? I dnt think they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 basti2

They came up this year on Hl DEB mock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it is not on the syllabus, it won't come up on the real thing.
    The mocks put whatever they like on the papers, since they are just about making money.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Sorry for the thread hi-jack.
    For the short questions, when it asks about what contribution each of the "inventors" made to technology, do you have to write a paragraph about what year they were born etc. as given in the marking scheme or would I get full marks for just saying what they invented? e.g. Bill Gates - Founder of Microsoft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Sorry for the thread hi-jack.
    For the short questions, when it asks about what contribution each of the "inventors" made to technology, do you have to write a paragraph about what year they were born etc. as given in the marking scheme or would I get full marks for just saying what they invented? e.g. Bill Gates - Founder of Microsoft
    Yup, I did in the mocks anyway!c They can't expect ya to know much more than that about every inventor on the course like :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Anyone have any notes on the Special Topic (LASERS) they could PM me? :o

Anyone have any notes on the Special Topic (LASERS) they could PM me? :o

I'll try scanning up a sheet of notes my teacher gave me in a bit and i'll PM you :)

PM'd ya ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    PM'd ya ^^
    Oh any chance pm-ing me those Notes got notin on laser just stuff from internet

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ziomek232323

just attach them here some other people might need them notes too .. like me for example :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 darol15

answer 1 : the welding machines are grounded, insulated wires, welding gun is insulated,

answer 2 : In MMA the electrode is consumable and acts as a filler metal, in oxy-acetylene
    the filler metal is added in by hand.

Advertisement