Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The great power outage of Jun 2012

Options
  • 02-06-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

So, were you affected by the power outage that hit a large chunk of D15 today? How did you survive without internet & TV access? How much stuff did you get done that otherwise would have remained on your 'must do tomorrow' list?

I tiled a kitchen wall which is something I've been putting off for 2 weeks. And I cleared out a few cupboards/presses that had become a mess.

P.S. All the food in my freezer is defrosted, so has to be used. Anyone hungry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

There was a power outage?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:eek: really.... what time was that then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Dont think you paid your bill :p

Might be just you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

If it was just a couple of hours your food shouldn't be defrosted unless you were constantly opening and closing your freezer.

No power cut around my part of D15 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭yoda2001

Our electricity went out at about 2pm this afternoon. I rang the ESB and the recording said that there was a major fault in the Blanchardstown Corporate park, Blanch Centre, Castleknock Road, and Castleknock Village area.

Thankfully it came back on about an hour later. Could it have been something to do with Bloom? Do they have their own generators?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

food shouldn't defrost in that time, exact time to defrost might depend on the fridge but not in just a few hours. In the event of power loss, I was recommended to not open the doors unnecessarily (seems obvious).

Was this something that covered a large area, didnt hear anything about it myself, but not in that area, nothing in the news that I can see though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Happened again at around 3.30am, don't know how long it lasted but it was back on and all by 5.30am

Yep but the neighbours alarm started around 3:30-4:00 and the inside one is still going at the time of posting :( 4 hours sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Shouldn't it reset itself?

• Advertisement

BostonB wrote: »
    Shouldn't it reset itself?

No the internal one has to be reset manually. Paper thin walls in castlecurragh.

Advertisement