Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to think of name of this game?

Options
  • 02-06-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Hey,

After playing DEAD NATION for few hours a game from my youth days popped into mind.. I am wondering if anyone would know the game.. It plays exactly like DEAD NATION but it has lots of doors and basically metal scenery... Dont think you fight zombies either.. its probably 8 or 10 years old.. May have been PS game or could have been a PC game..

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

It plays like Alien Swarm, which has a lot of metal and doors, but that's not 8 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Skerries wrote: »

Shadowgrounds looks very close to it.. Its kind of like in a spaceship maybe.. Like Dead Space arena type I think:confused:.. Nah its not Alien Swarm

Edit : think it may be alien breed 2 or at least the scenery looks the same and the doors.. But not sure if I remember aliens in it.. But it probably is it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Little bit outside the time estimate but Take No Prisoners perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Alot older than your estimate but fits the bill of lots of doors and metal scenery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dead Nation really isn't the most original of games :pac: Older again but Smash TV has had many variations and releases over the years. Dual stick shooter, metal rooms and doors, arena-like layout...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Loaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the Alien Breed trilogy is on sale on Steam for a fiver if you want to check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Loaded?

that's what came to mind first for me too

it's a lot older than 8 years though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Skerries wrote: »
    the Alien Breed trilogy is on sale on Steam for a fiver if you want to check it out
    Helix wrote: »
    that's what came to mind first for me too

it's a lot older than 8 years though

Would make some sense though, because the opening level was in a metallic prison from what I can recall.

• Advertisement

Loaded?

When I saw this I knew it was right.. And it is, my guessing of releases aint so good.. Would certainly love a HD remake

When I saw this I knew it was right.. And it is, my guessing of releases aint so good.. Would certainly love a HD remake

Sh1te game, but still a classic in my eyes. I remember loving some of the tracks off the soundtrack too.

deathrider wrote: »
    Sh1te game, but still a classic in my eyes. I remember loving some of the tracks off the soundtrack too.

I dont remember much about it as I was only about 10 playing it .. I think DEAD NATION is a hell of a game though...

I dont remember much about it as I was only about 10 playing it .. I think DEAD NATION is a hell of a game though...

Ah, I still love Loaded. Even though I know it's nothing to write home about. It's got a place in my heart. One of the first ones I played on PS1 too. Never played Dead Nation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah, I still love Loaded. Even though I know it's nothing to write home about. It's got a place in my heart. One of the first ones I played on PS1 too. Never played Dead Nation though.

Never played loaded, but spent many hours on re-loaded! Actually, come to think of it, i may have a mint copy of both on PS1 at home! Must check...

Never played loaded, but spent many hours on re-loaded! Actually, come to think of it, i may have a mint copy of both on PS1 at home! Must check...

I've got a copy of both of them back home. The first one is the better one in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Me too!

Think they were called 'Pop Will Eat Itself'.

This was always my favourite track. I remember always having a save for this level, just so I caould play it and hear this track again.

Some people are looking serious money for Loaded on ebay :eek:

Advertisement