Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom (Router) Wireless Issues on Startup

• 02-06-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Basically there seems to be an issue with the Eircom wireless.
    I have a desktop PC ( Have it connected via Homeplug) , and my mate has a Laptop (Wireless)

On startup for both machines, they show the Eircom /(wireless) network, but no internet connection through it.

Both our mobile phones and the iPad however have no issues and can always connect on startup.

To fix the Desktop, the homeplug just needs to be reseated.
    To fix the laptop, he has to restart the router. The issue also occurs with the PC if I use a wireless dongle as opposed to the homeplug..and has the same fix.

I am guessing it could be a firmware issue, but unsure, so I thought I'd post here first, to see if anyone has any similar issues or advice.

Router details are

Model Number : P-660HN-T1A_IPv6
    Current Firmware Version : 1.02(VBC.0)_20120302
    DSL Firmware Version : FwVer:3.16.3.0_A_TC3086 HwVer:T14.F7_7.0
    Firewall Setting : Medium (reccomended)

All help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vinaystephen

I have the same issue as above..Please help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

Thats interesting..

Thats a Zyxel router, which vodafone used to issue.

I am on Vodafafone@home and was having a lot of similar issues - sometimes broadband would go down on the wired PC (homeplug also) as well as the laptop, but usually only on the laptop

I switched out my Zyxel router for the old Netopia I got from Eircom and while its not perfect, dropped connections/unable to connect problems are now a lot rarer

On the laptop the connection would show as a valid, active connection, but I wasnt able to access anything..

Advertisement