Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missions You Hate

• 02-06-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭

The talk of how most people seem to hate the Flying School in San Andreas got me thinking about other shitty missions in the series that pissed me off.

Currently playing through IV again, and have come up against that mission where you have to fly the helicopter after the target for ULPC, and have Jacob shoot it with the rocket launcher. Had forgotten just how much I HATE this mission. Always takes me at least 10 tries to get it. Usually end up crashing the chopper into a building in Algonquin, or else I can't line up the rocket launcher correctly.

In SA, there was the mission for Big Smoke where you've to ride alongside the train to get him to shoot the Vagos, took me aages. Always finished up with one guy left to kill and could never get him.

I'm sure there are more, but these are just the two that have stuck in my mind...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

The Zero missions in SA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Chasing that mexican on the bike with OG Loc. When i was a little kid i found that mission literally impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Vice City, one of the Mailibu missions where you need to get the getaway driver by racing him, crash once and you may as well reset the mission.

Replaying the game recently, I just turned on the floating car cheat to make it easier, he just floats away in the wrong direction. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

wnolan1992 wrote: »

In SA, there was the mission for Big Smoke where you've to ride alongside the train to get him to shoot the Vagos, took me aages. Always finished up with one guy left to kill and could never get him.

Horrible mission, best thing to do is get a sniper before hand, drive back on the road and get back to the train tracks near Ganton, you can take out the train driver to stop the train from moving, easy pickings then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Varied wrote: »
    The Zero missions in SA.

Lucky that they don't count towards the story, or I wouldn't have even got as far as the desert :P
    P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Chasing that mexican on the bike with OG Loc. When i was a little kid i found that mission literally impossible.

Oh yeah! I'd forgotten about that! I found a cool way to do that though. I figured out his route, and instead of following him through the alleys at the very start, it's possible to lay in wait for him. So I would just race there on the bike, get off, pull out a SMG and use auto-aim to kill him when he came round the corner. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

GTA 4 missions were not too bad unlike GTA 3 where some missions will have you throwing controllers around the place. The hardest for was the hydra mission in GTA SA. I needed 3 hands just to have full control of the plane on the PC. I hated the Vlad mission in GTA 4 where you rob the car from some dude as it introduced two mechanic (Stun punch and car wash) that you can't/will never use again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The mission in SA where you have to rob the places with that annoying one with the thick South American accent riding with you.

Fuk you quad bikes.

Lucky that they don't count towards the story, or I wouldn't have even got as far as the desert :P

I'm nearly at that stage, do you have to do any missions for him or can you skip them all? I'm not going for 100% so i don't mind if i wont get it for not doing them.

I'm nearly at that stage, do you have to do any missions for him or can you skip them all? I'm not going for 100% so i don't mind if i wont get it for not doing them.

I think you have to do a few.... Pretty sure you have to do the one where you're shooting planes down with a mini-gun on the roof (another pain in the ass mission...)

I think you've to do at least that one to progress in the story.... but it's been a few years since I've played through it.

Another pain of a mission is the one for ULPC in IV where you've to break into a guys house in Broker, then chase him and kill him... a pain because he's a class driver and his car is always faster than yours... every time I didsabled his car, it was over by Middle Park which is swarming with cops, so usually by the time I get over to his car to put a bullet in his head the cops are everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

The Zero missions in SA.

Was he the agent guy, who taught you how to fly etc? If so he had some of my most favorite missions. But I might be mixing him up with another guy called Z, who ran the R/C shop in SF. I hated all his missions.

• Advertisement

Zero is the R.C lad, i hate the fúcker!

I think you have to do a few.... Pretty sure you have to do the one where you're shooting planes down with a mini-gun on the roof (another pain in the ass mission...)

I think you've to do at least that one to progress in the story.... but it's been a few years since I've played through it.

Another pain of a mission is the one for ULPC in IV where you've to break into a guys house in Broker, then chase him and kill him... a pain because he's a class driver and his car is always faster than yours... every time I didsabled his car, it was over by Middle Park which is swarming with cops, so usually by the time I get over to his car to put a bullet in his head the cops are everywhere.
    You don't have to do that mission to continue the story only if you what the asset. As for the ULPC mission every time I kill him outside middle park I get the cops on me but when it comes up the mission is done they go away. Also its easier to shoot if you are using standard controls over classic. I was using classic for my first play through and every drive and shoot mission sucked ball.

Jester252 wrote: »
    You don't have to do that mission to continue the story only if you what the asset. As for the ULPC mission every time I kill him outside middle park I get the cops on me but when it comes up the mission is done they go away. Also its easier to shoot if you are using standard controls over classic. I was using classic for my first play through and every drive and shoot mission sucked ball.

TBH, I never even knew you could change the controls... I never check those options in games anymore, I just adapt to the default control scheme.

Yeah, you lose the wanted level after he dies, but a few times I would overshoot where his car dies because my car has sh1t brakes, and have to get out and run over to him to kill him, and in that time the cops are everywhere shooting me with shotguns and the M4's that the cops in that area all seem to have.

Gah, I hate missions with motorcycles so much.

My choice of missions now in IV is Gerry's "Give Me Your Clothes, Your Boots and Your Motorcycle", Bernie's "Haters Gonna Hate" or the ULPC mission where you've to kill the guy with the helicopter. Probably 3 of my most hated missions in the entire game.

Currently doing the one where you have to bring the girl on a date to get pass codes off her for something, i hate it. You have to wait for her to be home before you can do anything and then if you bring her to the wrong place you get no codes off her.

I want to shoot her.

Currently doing the one where you have to bring the girl on a date to get pass codes off her for something, i hate it. You have to wait for her to be home before you can do anything and then if you bring her to the wrong place you get no codes off her.

I want to shoot her.

Is that Millie in LV? Can't you just shoot her and then break into her house for the card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Show up in the gimp suit two or three times and you're done.

She was the only girlfriend I liked so could never bring myself to kill her. Did it once but reloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Is that Millie in LV? Can't you just shoot her and then break into her house for the card?

Thats what i did, i had a hard enough time trying to get women into bed in real life, never mind in a bloody game.

Hated the Zero R.C. missions too, i think i only managed to get them once. The first one is the worst, (mini gun on the roof) the other two are a little easier, still hard though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I still have nightmares about the zero missions. Spent hours trying to pass them only to find it isnt really worth it in the end. Wouldnt bother with those missions ever again now.

I used to hate the racing missions you have to do in the countryside north of los santos as well. Took my countless attempts to pass them. My car used to always flip when i went to fast as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

oh just remembered. The Mount Chilliad Challenge on the mountain bikes :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

think James woods did the voice for S.A agent . not sure , sa was the last good game rockstar made imo , Red D.R was only ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Vice City, one of the Mailibu missions where you need to get the getaway driver by racing him, crash once and you may as well reset the mission.

Replaying the game recently, I just turned on the floating car cheat to make it easier, he just floats away in the wrong direction. :)

Hated this, I eventually figured out that I could chuck a grenade under his car. As soon as it goes off the race begins but he's already ****ed by that point and the race is easy without him

Thanks for the tip man, she annoyed me and i shot her in the spine before even reading this, then i got a call telling me to break into her gaff. I didn't like her anyway.

Started a new SA game last night and just remembered how fcuking annoying "Wrong Side of the Tracks" is. I know exactly how to do it, but I usually have a SMG with me. I didnt have one last night and couldnt find one either so was left relying on Big Smoke to miss stationary targets about six feet away from him. :mad:

she annoyed me and i shot her in the spine before even reading this

:pac::pac::pac::pac:
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Started a new SA game last night and just remembered how fcuking annoying "Wrong Side of the Tracks" is. I know exactly how to do it, but I usually have a SMG with me. I didnt have one last night and couldnt find one either so was left relying on Big Smoke to miss stationary targets about six feet away from him. :mad:

Yeah... his lack of accuracy is biblical. Half of his bullets hit the top of the train...

Grrr... this bloody mission where you've to chase the guy on the scooter around middle park, I hate it so much. People keep getting in my way and the scooter flips around with the slightest knock. So irritating.

Finally finished this not 2 minutes ago, what a game, what a fúcking game.
    The new GTA better live up to this.

Gah, I hate missions with motorcycles so much.

My choice of missions now in IV is Gerry's "Give Me Your Clothes, Your Boots and Your Motorcycle", Bernie's "Haters Gonna Hate" or the ULPC mission where you've to kill the guy with the helicopter. Probably 3 of my most hated missions in the entire game.

Don't play the Lost and the Dammed then :pac:
    The bike in Gerrys mission just seem to stick the front wheel to the floor when to touched the accelerator.

The bike in Gerrys mission just seem to stick the front wheel to the floor when to touched the accelerator.

TLAD was alright, only played through it once though and don't reallly feel the need to play it again.

Just did that Bernie mission, found a place early in his route where I could get ahead of him, hopped off the scooter and emptied an MP5 mag into him. :)

The bikes are 100000 times better in TLAD. I can only remember falling off a handful of times, one of which was when I plowed head first into an on coming truck :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The Zero missions in SA.
    Jayzus, I actually loved Zeros missions, they were great craic, I was oblivious to the fact that they appear to be rather hated. :o

Advertisement