Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow internet Connection

Options
  • 02-06-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me.

Basically I have the up to 8mb broadband package..For the last few years I've always been getting 6192kbps as my line speed and I was getting about a 5mb download.Lately(within the last few weeks)I've been getting different line speeds,today for example it says on my router homepage that my line speed is 4896 kbps /512 kbps and I'm getting about 3mb download according to speedtest.net

i am connected using Ethernet and my modem is a Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3

I did everything suggested by Eircom and on these boards..I disconnected all the filters in the house and connected directly to the phone line but it didn't change anything.

Any suggestions would be appreicated
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Whats your figures for these?

Line Attenuation

DSL Noise Margin

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭carter001

thret wrote: »
    Whats your figures for these?

Line Attenuation

DSL Noise Margin

Hi thanks for the reply

Below are the following

Line Attenuation (Down/Up): 45 dB /25 dB
    DSL Noise Margin: 8 dB /24 dB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

carter001 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if someone could help me.

Basically I have the up to 8mb broadband package..For the last few years I've always been getting 6192kbps as my line speed and I was getting about a 5mb download.Lately(within the last few weeks)I've been getting different line speeds,today for example it says on my router homepage that my line speed is 4896 kbps /512 kbps and I'm getting about 3mb download according to speedtest.net

i am connected using Ethernet and my modem is a Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3

I did everything suggested by Eircom and on these boards..I disconnected all the filters in the house and connected directly to the phone line but it didn't change anything.

Any suggestions would be appreicated
    Thanks.
    Hi thanks for the reply

Below are the following

Line Attenuation (Down/Up): 45 dB /25 dB
    DSL Noise Margin: 8 dB /24 dB

Hi carter001,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Looking at those figures, the attenuation does look a bit high and the noise margin is pretty low on the downstream. I will need the account info to check this in more detail for you. In the meantime, I would advise trying our slow speed checklist from the eircom community forum. This normally gives an improvement when the steps are followed and also will give us the best chance of pinpointing any potential problems. PM me the line number or account number and I'll run a few detailed tests for you.

Thanks

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi again,

Thanks for forwarding on the details. I have tested this for you today and there is a fault indicated on the line. I have logged this with our technicians and they will have it repaired normally within 3 working days. The reference number for the fault is 11323354. If you need any updates or there are any delays you can either let us know here or call 1901 "Faults" with the above reference number.

Regards

James

Thank you James

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

hey guys

i'm havin the same problem here. My internet has been slow for the past week and I have connected the line directly in the MDP and it stopped the intermittent sync but the net has been slower since then. I have followed all directions on this as outlined before.

eircom broadband : Connected
    DSL Mode : G.DMT
    Speed : 8160 kbps / 512 kbps
    Line Attenuation (Down/Up) : 16.5 dB / 11 dB
    DSL Noise Margin : 19 dB / 22 dB

These are the numbers requested before for carter001

These are my speeds

1995681287.png

any help will be great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

dragon5678 wrote: »
    hey guys

i'm havin the same problem here. My internet has been slow for the past week and I have connected the line directly in the MDP and it stopped the intermittent sync but the net has been slower since then. I have followed all directions on this as outlined before.

eircom broadband : Connected
    DSL Mode : G.DMT
    Speed : 8160 kbps / 512 kbps
    Line Attenuation (Down/Up) : 16.5 dB / 11 dB
    DSL Noise Margin : 19 dB / 22 dB

These are the numbers requested before for carter001

These are my speeds

1995681287.png

any help will be great :)

Hi,

I tested your line and there seems to be an issue. Is your phone service working ok?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

Hi,

I tested your line and there seems to be an issue. Is your phone service working ok?

Thanks, Mark

Hey Mark

Our phone service works perfectly. I haven't noticed anything that could affect it. The broadband is the only issue

Thanks

dragon5678

dragon5678 wrote: »
    Hey Mark

Our phone service works perfectly. I haven't noticed anything that could affect it. The broadband is the only issue

Thanks

dragon5678

Hi

I spoke to managers in broadband support and they advised that as the issue is with the broadband and the phone service is working ok. If you could call them on 1890 260 260. They will run a few direct checks and escalate the issue as a broadband fault if needed.
    Let me know how the call goes and I will track the case with engineers if needed.

Thanks, Mark

Hi James,

An Eircom Technician came last friday and fixed the broadband..

Thanks for your help
    Carter

• Advertisement

Hi James,

An Eircom Technician came last friday and fixed the broadband..

Thanks for your help
    Carter

Hi Carter,

Glad to hear it : ) Thanks for getting back to us.

Thanks, Mark

Hi James/Mark

I've been having problems with my broadband.It keeps disconnecting every 10 -15 minutes..(red light on the modem)Friday and Saturday it kept disconnecting,I had to keep restarting the modem.

Line Attenuation (Down/Up): 47 dB /26 dB
    DSL Noise Margin: 6 dB /23 dB

When the technician called last time he installed a filter on the sky digital box and we thought that solved the problem.

Can either of you look into this for me,I can pm my account number if need be
    Thanks
    Carter

Hi James/Mark

I've been having problems with my broadband.It keeps disconnecting every 10 -15 minutes..(red light on the modem)Friday and Saturday it kept disconnecting,I had to keep restarting the modem.

Line Attenuation (Down/Up): 47 dB /26 dB
    DSL Noise Margin: 6 dB /23 dB

When the technician called last time he installed a filter on the sky digital box and we thought that solved the problem.

Can either of you look into this for me,I can pm my account number if need be
    Thanks
    Carter

Hi Carter,

I have been unable to run some direct checks on the line or broadband sync, Have you changed the set up of the Sky / broadband since the engineer installed a filter?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Sorry for late reply.I rang Eircom yesterday and they sent a technician today.He replaced my modem and that seems to have done the job.

Thanks
    Carter

Hi Mark,

Sorry for late reply.I rang Eircom yesterday and they sent a technician today.He replaced my modem and that seems to have done the job.

Thanks
    Carter

Hi Carter,

Glad to hear it is sorted, thanks for getting back to me and letting me know.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement