Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holland v Norn Iron, 7pm BBC2

• 02-06-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭

Currently 3-0 after 28mins. It'll be interesting to see what sort of score they can rack up in this game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

4-0, Afelley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

4-0 now, Holland are brilliant!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

4-0 now. Those commentators on BBC are very resigned to their fate I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

4-0 and its not even half time. ouch.

mewso wrote: »
    4-0 now. Those commentators on BBC are very resigned to their fate I must say.

You could get that impression off them even before the first goal went in. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Never mind keeping with them, a lot of the Northern Ireland boys look like they've never actually played against stuff on this level before. Total mismatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I fear this could happen to ourselves against the Spanish if we get off to a poor start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

I fear this could happen to ourselves against the Spanish if we get off to a poor start.

boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

flyswatter wrote: »
    You could get that impression off them even before the first goal went in. :pac:

Before the game even started more like. NI are complete and utter minnows ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Ain't on my BBC 2 :(

Curse English TV

• Advertisement

RGDATA! wrote: »
    boo

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

???

We have mostly Premier League players in our squad, they mostly have Championship players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I think everyone fears that will happen to them coming against Spain. Most expect it.

G.K. wrote: »

Curse English TV

Do you have Sky? You can probably tune it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Curse English TV

If you have sky I think it might be channel 992 for English tv.

???

We have mostly Premier League players in our squad, they mostly have Championship players.

And they have mostly Champions League and Euros/World Cup winners in their squad.

We are a class above NI but Spain are a class above ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Nope.

And they have mostly Champions League and Euros/World Cup winners in their squad.

Chances are Spain will beat us, but it won't be as one sided as this, because we are actually fairly good.

Holland are just as big of a threat as Spain, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Curse English TV

I'd offer you a stream but I don't want to get banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

???

Spain will be an odd goal game. I nt see them hammering us on the scoresheet. They may get 110% possession, but win 1-0.

• Advertisement

Curse English TV

Go to the 'Other Channels' section, if you have a SKY box and enter these codes.

http://elfknowsit.com/node/36840

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

NI will be trying to keep this to single figures. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The Northern Irish boys are doing their monarch proud on her jubilee week. I am loving it.

I think we can give Spain a competitive match as long as we don't concede early on. If they break us early it could get ugly imo. Hopefully we won't face anything like what's happening in this game.

Good to see Roy Carroll getting a game. First in 6 years for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

:confused:

just kidding. i meant 'down with that sort of attitude'.

was that a young george hamilton commentating just now on that classic 2-2 draw between n.ireland and holland?

FYI Holland were 3-0 against San Marino at HT (11-0 FT).

After watching the first half i'm against an all ireland team:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

darkman2 wrote: »

We will just take Evans and that will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

5nil:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

nelson_haha.jpg

And they wonder why players declare for the Republic....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

And now it's 5, Afellay again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Too f*cking right they're not Brazil..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

???

We could and should have all Prem players in our squad.:(

It's as if every time the Orangemen march forward their instincts are to let them through.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Curse English TV

You've just reminded me this is probably the only time I have ever been glad I receive BBC NI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭briany

darkman2 wrote: »

We already have a united Ireland team as players from all 32 counties are, theoretically, eligible to play for Ireland. At this rate it's only a matter of time before players from even moderate unionist backgrounds will begin to second guess their affiliation. They'll never make the move of course but it would just show, if this kind of slide continues, how undesirable it would be to play for N.I.

Two-footed tackle in a friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

I can't get used to this style of commentary, talking about other 5-0 defeats, asking if there's a white flag around, it just feels wrong.

They do seem quite proud of their most recent grandparent rule acquisition though, so that's nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Two-footed tackle in a friendly.
    & its the 2nd time he has done it tonight & the commentators are taking to him like a new NI legend in the making..phlebs........

10nil please & put these morons in their place:cool:

• Advertisement

I can't get used to this style of commentary, talking about other 5-0 defeats, asking if there's a white flag around, it just feels wrong.

They do seem quite proud of their most recent grandparent rule acquisition though, so that's nice.

After watching Northern Ireland for over 20 years now I'm convinced Billy Bingham must be the greatest manager in the history of professional football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

briany wrote: »
    We already have a united Ireland team as players from all 32 counties are, theoretically, eligible to play for Ireland. At this rate it's only a matter of time before players from even moderate unionist backgrounds will begin to second guess their affiliation. They'll never make the move of course but it would just show, if this kind of slide continues, how undesirable it would be to play for N.I.

Have we ever had a player from the Unionist tradition play for the Republic?

Great, they can no longer complain about Irish players not wanting to play for us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It is a weakened NI team to be fair.

Who's that lad playing for NI, Klingon?

Worst thing about this is we are guilty simply by the name "Ireland" association.

Just looking at some comments on twitter:
    Northern Ireland gone re da days of Roy Keane

Can't believe Northern Ireland qualified for Euro 2012

:pac:

Hopefully Italy , Spain and Croatia think this is who they'll be playing next week.

dfx- wrote: »
    It is a weakened NI team to be fair.
    Of course it is, they insist on playing God Save Our Queen as their national anthem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭briany

chughes wrote: »
    Have we ever had a player from the Unionist tradition play for the Republic?

Not that I know of but maybe somebody here could shed light on that. Could imagine the stink that sections of the GAWA would be kicking up if it started happening though?

Hard to believe David Healy hasn't scored in 28/9 games for NI. 4 years ago he banged in 13 in the qualifying stages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement