Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tendering

Options
  • 02-06-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I have recently decided to go down the route of being self-employed and started up my own business after being working within an industry for a number of years. The problem I face is when I go through new tenders that do be put out, a lot of them have very difficult criteria like high turnovers in the last 3 years. This is where I face an uphill battle as I'm only involved in start up business. Is this a common problem,any advice would be great.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

Forget about open tendering for the next 3 years.

Open Tenders are impossible to win unless you a verifiable track record. Get smaller sales deals first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

onedmc wrote: »
    Forget about open tendering for the next 3 years.

Open Tenders are impossible to win unless you a verifiable track record. Get smaller sales deals first.

not true, when you read most RFTs they will stipulate that new companys are exempt from that specific pre qualification for high turnovers. And if the RFT doens't stipulate that a quick clarification request will confirm it as it's government policy to not exclude plus it's bad procurement.

However, evidence of previous similiar contracts would be fairly steadfast, outside of that tenders are relatively easy to win providing you follow the RFT

Advertisement