Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scumbags

• 02-06-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

My mother live besides scumbags, we as a family we grew up beside them. Any way there is only the daughter there now, she has not put out a bin for over 4 months, just dumping the rubbish in the back garden.

I noticed the first rat in my mothers garden today, so it is time for action. I know environmental health used to come out and lay poison, but I have checked Dublin City ,website and could not find any info.

Any one know where I can go with it, at 82 it is not right that my mam has to put up with this so that the cnut can go on using.

Any one any thought, as you can see blasting her with piss will only attrach more rats.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

If ya cant beat em, join em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Call the council on Tuesday and demand someone comes out to sort it.
    Would the police do anything? Not sure - more a council thing I think.
    Also, get her a cat or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Odysseus wrote: »
    My mother live besides scumbags, we as a family we grew up beside them. Any way there is only the daughter there now, she has not put out a bin for over 4 months, just dumping the rubbish in the back garden.

I noticed the first rat in my mothers garden today, so it is time for action. I know environmental health used to come out and lay poison, but I have checked Dublin City ,website and could not find any info.

Any one know where I can go with it, at 82 it is not right that my mam has to put up with this so that the cnut can go on using.

Any one any thought, as you can see blasting her with piss will only attrach more rats.

We had a similar problem about 5 years ago in Maynooth. We got in contact with the environmental health officer in the council. They came out and did an inspection etc and made the neighbour clean up the rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Leave poisoned dutch gold on the doorstep, ring the bell and run away

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I thought I was going to read something about scumbags...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The scumbag beast has multiple heads, Close one thread and another appears.

Throw petrol in and light it up...Not recommended by me though ok..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Speak to other neighbours and see if you can all complain together, there's strength in numbers etc...

Many years back there were a few junkies who lived near my aunt, they'd dispose of their needles in the garden etc. Everyone complained and eventually they were evicted, although it took a long time afair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

There's a crazy lady who lives I know of somewhere. She throws stuff out in her back garden. From what I understand, there was a rat problem that some of the people around the area complained about and the crazy lady got a fine of some unspecified amount. I didn't hear how much, and don't know if she has sorted her act or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There are scumbags in affluent areas too, not everyone in a tracksuit is a scumbag, some rugby fans are scumbags dontchaknow, blah blah blah.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

As a mod of psychology go around for a deep talk, identify her problems and help this scumbag turn their life around?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Go in and bash her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

stovelid wrote: »
    Go in and bash her.
    with fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Just start ****ting in her garden, that way she'll be forced to clean up. Bring your whole family to partake in the ****fest :pac:

Or else just keep going on at her relentlessly until she gets so frustrated she ends up cleaning.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Burn their house down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Call Joe Duffy, the peoples champion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

nuke the site from orbit, its the only way to be sure..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Whats the problem with the "scumbags"? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

remove your mother from the house until such time as you can this sorted.

The council may be slow to react here but at 82 years of age your mother should not be left at that sort of risk and if she has to spend a few days in your house or that of another sibling then so be it.

If the council wont do it and you need to get it sorted, I guess it would be very distressing for your mother and having to leave her home because of it wont be nice should you go that route Rentokil will come in. It wont be cheap but there are things that can be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

mikemac1 wrote: »
    As a mod of psychology go around for a deep talk, identify her problems and help this scumbag turn their life around?

As a mod of psych, I know there is no talking to her. I don't care about myself it's my mum when I'm not there. I see if I can post a pic later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Ah the scumbag, their incessant callings of

"lookit da godthe"

"git a tan" (heard from the guys too) :confused::eek:

"oi ghost"

and the like, just hoping the species of them dies out soon or are just overtaken by the people with lives/things to do/are their own person etc

what i thought when i first saw the thread title, so sorry for veering away from the actual post :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Had similar near me,a complaint was made to the council and a community warden arrived within a day or so,the rubbish was quickly disposed of after his visit.Thankfully the family moved on since so no more filling their garden with rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I misread the title as "Bumbags". Awful-looking accessories.
    tdv123 wrote: »
    Whats the problem with the "scumbags"? :confused:
    Read the opening post - that should answer your question.

krudler wrote: »
    nuke the site from orbit, its the only way to be sure..

The fact the they are storing thre rubbish out their back garden for the past 4 months. Since the had to pay for their bin to be emptied. Thais is what is wrong, otherwise I'm ver much a live and let live person. But when you behaviour draws vermin into my mothers property I have issues with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cool Story Bro

Offer them some Dutch Gold as an olive branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Can you store rubbish out your back garden though?

Would that not be illegal dumping because you are in a residential area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭evillive

are they local authority tenants? if so sounds like breach of the tenancy agreement - get onto the housing estate management section

i'd also contact the litter wardens for the local authority area and the environmental health officers - hit them from as many angles as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Rat traps are your friend. Fling the dead rats into their garden, onto their doorstep and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Where in dublin is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

scwazrh wrote: »
    Where in dublin is this?
    Town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

if they is a rat there because of the rubbish it can be filed as a public health hazard. Just non stop complain to the CC about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

report to council. . Can you not just buy a feckin rat trap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

This is bad ..if the s/w is cut I say people need to arm themselves..
    Near where I live in Co Sligo someone has torched 4 cars and a couple of sheds??No one knows who?

Was looking for the story on the Champion found this story

http://www.sligochampion.ie/news/drunk-was-wrong-when-he-thought-he-was-home-3120774.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Jim_Kiy wrote: »
    This is bad ..if the s/w is cut I say people need to arm themselves..
    Near where I live in Co Sligo someone has torched 4 cars and a couple of sheds??No one knows who?

Was looking for the story on the Champion found this story

http://www.sligochampion.ie/news/drunk-was-wrong-when-he-thought-he-was-home-3120774.html
    OMG, zombie apocalypse approaches. No, wait, Sligo?? Where the feck is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Complaining to the council is for boring unimaginative ould sods.

scwazrh wrote: »
    Where in dublin is this?

D10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Sure we have two types of what we call "scumbag" now, at either extremities of the spectrum - for instance my area is awash with one, whereas immediately next door we have the other extreme producing the other. Look at the fiscal results, crumlin tallaght etc practically right next door to d4 the proximity contrast is the biggest in the country it's like the skyscraper penthouse lookin down over the favelas. immediate neighbours yet a million miles between, so close yet so far but ultimately, the same scumbag

eth0 wrote: »
    Complaining to the council is for boring unimaginative ould sods.

So you would suggest?

Her two siblings are doing time for armed robbery, btw so is her young 20 odd son. I am not particularity worried around this as I grew up in that sence. But what legal exciting suggestion have you got for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Odysseus wrote: »
    So you would suggest?

Her two siblings are doing time for armed robbery, btw so is her young 20 odd son. I am not particularity worried around this as I grew up in that sence. But what legal exciting suggestion have you got for me?

Lob in an ould petrol bomb. But use bio fuel instead of petrol to make John Gormley proud and have the bomb assembled by a registered bomb assembler who'se done a FAS course. It's legal then.
    LH Pathe wrote: »
    Sure we have two types of what we call "scumbag" now, at either extremities of the spectrum - for instance my area is awash with one, whereas immediately next door we have the other extreme producing the other. Look at the fiscal results, crumlin tallaght etc practically right next door to d4 the proximity contrast is the biggest in the country it's like the skyscraper penthouse lookin down over the favelas. immediate neighbours yet a million miles between, so close yet so far but ultimately, the same scumbag

ah sure everyone is a scumbag now. All you have to do is park in a residential area where there is plenty of space when there is also a paid car park nearby and you're already a scumbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

get a skull from the graveyard or where ever you can and bury it in the neighbours garden , ring the popo and say you have witnessed strange things happening out in the garden , that this person is burying drugs or something , cops land , find the skull and have to remove all the crap back to base for examination and maybe "yur one" will even do time . either that or just get a loan of a bally , kick her door in and tell her she has a week to pack up and leave , or tony soprano and co. are coming around and she's gonna get whacked , and not in a good way .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

eth0 wrote: »
    ah sure everyone is a scumbag now. All you have to do is park in a residential area where there is plenty of space when there is also a paid car park nearby and you're already a scumbag

must mean 'headbangers' then. not to be confused with actual headbangers that were essentially the same people circa 1989 but with somehow higher standards.. can we just stick with scanger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

with fish?

That's batter you're thinking of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I very much feel your pain. We lived beside the worst of the worst for a year and ended up selling to get away from them. You cannot underestimate the importance of good neighbours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I really don't understand people who throw their rubbish out in their garden, to me it's akin to leaving it in a spare room or something. Seriously I am on social welfare and bins are not that expensive. Durty fukcers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

Sounds like our neighbours. Not only is there rubbish in their back garden but they also have loads of dog sh!t there as well. I hate them.

Thankfully we are moving soon.

Advertisement