Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 WMC - How to Fast Forward, Pause, Rewind etc??

• 02-06-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

After many months I finally managed to get my Xbox 360 connected to my Dell PC as an Extender so I can stream movies from the PC to my TV via the Xbox.

All is fine except for two things:-

1. I can't figure out how to use the Xbox remote to Fast Forward, Pause, Rewind and Stop the movie I'm watching. I'm sure I must be doing something stupid as I can't imagine the Xbox remotes are not capable of this basic functionality but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

2. All the movies I have on my PC seem to be stored under "Pictures and Videos" instead of "Movies". How did I manage to feck that up and what's the difference between "Videos" and "Movies" anyway????

I'd appreciate any suggestions or links to basic newbie guides which will address these issues for me.

Cheers all and have a great weekend, despite the weather :rolleyes:

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I can't figure out how to use the Xbox remote to Fast Forward, Pause, Rewind and Stop the movie I'm watching.

Fast forward: Right trigger

Rewind: Left trigger

Pause: Start button

Stop: 'B' button

You can also bring up the on-screen menu by pushing up your "Left analogue" stick.

All the movies I have on my PC seem to be stored under "Pictures and Videos" instead of "Movies". How did I manage to feck that up and what's the difference between "Videos" and "Movies" anyway????

I'm assuming that you use Windows? and it defaults to all your media folders such as Pictures Video & Music.

You can easily setup and control any folder you like to stream to the TV via the Xbox.

Create a new folder anywhere you want on your PC, for this example let's call it "Movies"

For Windows XP: Right click the folder and go to "Properties", choose the "Sharing" TAB and Tic the box for "Share this folder on the network". The Xbox will now see it.

For Windows 7: Right click the folder and go to "Properties", choose the "Sharing" TAB and click on the "Share" button. The Xbox will now see it.

You can now copy or move your movie files to this new folder. Repeat the process for anything else you wish to segregate.

You can of course apply this to any existing folder on your system too.

Hope this helps ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

If you are using WMC on the PC and XBOX then I recommend installing Media Browser plugin and it will do a great job of displaying all your media (takes a bit of tweaking to get it set up first but worth the few hours set up IMHO as it displays the movies and TV shows very well compared to the basic WMC)

You might want a dedicated media XBOX remote like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks guys,

I'll follow your advice.

Looking forward to getting the most out of using the xBox as a WMC extender now that it's properly connected to my Win7 PC.

Cheers,

Ben

I also use http://tvscout.codeplex.com/ to fetch metadata and it works great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Does your Xbox 360 WMC work at a decent speed? Mine is terrible, I don't seem to be able to browse through movies etc... as it takes an entirety for the Xbox to react to the button I've pressed.

Is my streaming speed poor?

• Advertisement

Shane732 wrote: »
    Does your Xbox 360 WMC work at a decent speed? Mine is terrible, I don't seem to be able to browse through movies etc... as it takes an entirety for the Xbox to react to the button I've pressed.

Is my streaming speed poor?

Yes it can be a bit slow across a wireless network but wired its as normal and really like if you were browsing at the pc.
    FF REW etc seems to work better for me with the dedicated remote compared to the gamepad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fasha

ok well came across your post btw was life saver, but like was gonna post i tried to pause with the left stick it wouldnt. it paused with my right stick other then that the rest worked good. and also thanks for the heads up for the wifi vrs wired. i was wondering wtf was going on why it was slow.

Advertisement