Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm - exit buzzer no longer working

Options
  • 02-06-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hello,

I have an Astec alarm and the exit buzzer has stopped working, Can anybody advise how I would go about fixing this.

Is it straight forward and if I need an engineer code could somebody pm it to me?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Are you sure it's the buzzer that's not working? Is the alarm going through the motions other than making the noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭782378

Yes, alarm is working fine, going through all the motions but buzzer not working.

The panel was banged recently when I was bringing furniture into the house, the exit buzzer hasn't been working since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

On the back of the keypad there's a plastic link for the buzzer, maybe this has disconnected some how.

Do you have engineer access? Factory code is 1174.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭782378

Thanks, The plastic link was disconnected, once I reconnected it, the buzzer worked again, Apreciate your help!

Advertisement