Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new phone or pocket camcorder ?

Options
  • 02-06-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭

hi i was thinking of getting a pocket camcorder for family days out, but then someone said i'd be better off getting a new phone with a good camcorder memory any advice appriciated' im not to savy with phones so would need some thing simple enough to use thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

How much money do you have to spend? And are you on a contract now? You could get an upgrade with a great camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭avfc1874

How much money do you have to spend? And are you on a contract now? You could get an upgrade with a great camera.
    just have a basic nokia had its about 7 yr old. on payg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You never mentioned your budget.

Here's the thing, a pocket camcorder that will take pretty decent HD footage will cost you in the region of 100 quid. A smart phone that will take similar/maybe not as good footage will cost you 4/5 times that.

If you want a camcorder, and don't care about smart phones that will do almost everything and take video, then i'd just get a dedicated pocket camcorder.

These guys are supposed to be pretty great:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodak-PlaySport-Waterproof-Dustproof-Shockproof/dp/B004MMF7QO/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1338724011&sr=1-13

Amazon ships to Ireland for free too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Alan is right here. If you arent going to use the smartphone features the only adv I could see would be the ability to upload on the spot.

Sony Bloggies are worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭avfc1874

You never mentioned your budget.

Here's the thing, a pocket camcorder that will take pretty decent HD footage will cost you in the region of 100 quid. A smart phone that will take similar/maybe not as good footage will cost you 4/5 times that.

If you want a camcorder, and don't care about smart phones that will do almost everything and take video, then i'd just get a dedicated pocket camcorder.

These guys are supposed to be pretty great:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodak-PlaySport-Waterproof-Dustproof-Shockproof/dp/B004MMF7QO/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1338724011&sr=1-13

Amazon ships to Ireland for free too.
    thanks might go with the camcorder,lidl's selling one this week, might take a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

avfc1874 wrote: »
    thanks might go with the camcorder,lidl's selling one this week, might take a look

If it was significantly cheaper I'd consider it, but for €60 I doubt a silvercrest will be worth your while. Some things you gotta spend a certain amount for it to be worth spending anything at all.

Advertisement