Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hennessy Paradis

Options
  • 02-06-2012 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have a bottle of Hennessy Paradis I bought in the late 80's. Anyone any idea what its worth?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Can you post a picture? ... might be worth a few quid but you really need to post a picture. Anything interesting about the bottle ...i.e. is there a bottle Maker?

And what sort of packaging ... all this helps determine value.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

The modern ones retail at about €350 if that's any help

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lashtown

thanks for the replies will post some photos later

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lashtown

photos of Paradis

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

If it came in a Baccarat bottle it would probablyhave been worth a good bit.However it probably still have some value. As another poster said if they now retail for €350 you probably should use that as a guide.

However you need to be careful and manage your expectations. I don't know if too many people in Ireland would collect cognac as say they would whiskey? However if this is collectable or valueable you also need to be aware of that too so you don't let it away for a song.

This is obviously a decent bottling but if it is not overly "special" I would suggest selling for 20-30% less than the retail value given previously. Not sure where that as come from but if true then your looking at circa €250-280.

However I have to be honest I know nothing about Cognac collecting and just running off my whiskey knowledge.

I would suggest contacting these guys and see if they make you an offer and that will give you a start on value as they do buy and they do sell valuable cognacs'

The Whisky Exchange

After that you could try contacting somewhere like the Four Seasons to see if they are interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement