Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architraves skirting and doors

Options
  • 02-06-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I'm getting some internal work done soon and am looking for recommendations for suppliers of architraves skirting and doors. I'm in West Donegal but I'm sure most suppliers in the county will deliver within the county.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

Oak? Walnut? Red Deal? White Deal? Painted Mdf? or some other type of finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Mostly oak I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 motherofthree

try indoors.ie .they have suppliers in donegal skirtin and architrave is nice:)

pbarr wrote: »
    Mostly oak I would say.
    Have you fitted rebated doorframes or standard ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

They are standard ones. I see Heiton Buckley have a one day sale in Letterkenny this Saturday so I might be able to get what I want there.

• Advertisement

pbarr wrote: »
    They are standard ones.
    If you have standard doorframes then oak architrave wont really work.
    Your wide doorstop will hide around 94mm of the frame but the other 50mm where an oak slip would go if the frame were rebated will still be showing Red/White Deal.
    Beware the one day sale! Give Lawrence in The Co-op Dungloe a shout,
    he did a good deal for my sister

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

There is a new shop in letterkenny that will deliver to you no prob. They are located out at bonagee near the lk bikes shop. They used to supply Heiton Buckley and several other retailers but decided to go into retail themselves instead of wholesale as the bigger stores aren't fond of paying their bills these days.

PM if you want his number. Best deal around. I am redoing my house at the min and he sorted me out very satisfactorily.

Advertisement