Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finding an old teacher (1996- 1997) Junior cert Irish)

• 03-06-2012 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hey guys, im sorry if this is in the wrong section as I didnt know where to put it.
    I am trying to find an old teacher and not having much luck. The school will not give me any information like that and the department of education will not do it either.
    Basically she was teaching Junior Cert Irish in a school in Kilkenny for the 1996/1997 class. I will not mention any names here just incase but if you did teach in Kilkenny around this time, pleasse message me or if ypou knwo somebody who has can you please message me. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

I think it really might help your case if you indicated why you want to make contact with her. She's a private citizen after all - you could be anyone (with no offence intended).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Sorry, should have said..Basically,,this person went thu a pretty sh1te time when she was a teacher there. I know teachers in gerneral get it pretty bad, but this went way too far but I wont go into details in the thread. But this teacher helped me more than anyy other and if it wasnt for this teacher then i wouldnt be where I am today and I wouldnt be the person I am now. Kinda got me to pull my socks up helped me understand stuff that no other teacher was able to do. Not sure if she realised what she has done but she did it.
    Anyway, before that teacher left, i wasnt around as i had familly stuff going on and wasnt in the school for the last 2 weeks or so, but wanted to say thanks for everything and all that but missed my chance as on her last day I was not there but from what the other teachers had told me back then, the others went pretty damned hard on her and she ended up walking out swearing never to go back there.
    I know this may seem odd wanting to get in contact again , but now I am a 30 yr old man, with a fiance and 4 kids, I see the effort people put in to help people and i see the ****e my 12 yr old son gives his teachers ( we're sorting that bit ).. but the main thing is , that I wanna let her know that what she did was appreciated,, I appreciated and still do appreciate everyything and it wont be forgotten..Sorry I cant explain things better..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

I should add that no names will be mentioned( in the main thread ) and if that teacher doesnt want to be contacted then all is fine, I'm sure they will know who they are if they see this post anyway..She was originally from Kerry, and standing in for a different teacher who was pretty ill for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Fizzical

Write a letter to her, saying all of that. Bring it to the school and ask them if they can forward it to her. Leave it open so they can see what's in it.

However, they may not know her current address.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Fizzical wrote: »
    Write a letter to her, saying all of that. Bring it to the school and ask them if they can forward it to her. Leave it open so they can see what's in it.

However, they may not know her current address.

This.
    Someone connected with the school will have an address for her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement