Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honestly, have you lied on your CV's

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

CV is truthful,but the absolute SHIIIIIIITTTTEEEE i came out with in interviews is laughable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Embarrassed to say I have, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

So,

after allowing the poll to run it's course for a few days, it seems that the seedy underbelly that constitutes the After Hours section of Boards.ie is mostly made up of honest people, or as we say in Carlow, "Dacent shkins."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I don't lie on my CV.

I embellish.

Lots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I got contacted by a recruiter who asked things about my CV, then edited it and sent it back. Mine was 100% honest his version was also honest but he used vague terms like familiar. Familiar with ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fussy Eater

Some employers are obsessed by gaps in your work history. So why not airbrush out say a fairly long period of unemployment if it was a little while ago - it'll do you no good to be truthful. Also omitting particular positions you've actually done can be beneficial. You might have jacked a rubbish job in after only a few weeks. That looks bad to prospective employers so once again - why put it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Some employers are obsessed by gaps in your work history. So why not airbrush out say a fairly long period of unemployment if it was a little while ago - it'll do you no good to be truthful. Also omitting particular positions you've actually done can be beneficial. You might have jacked a rubbish job in after only a few weeks. That looks bad to prospective employers so once again - why put it in?

I change dates to make it look like I was continuously employed - even though I deliberately took a couple of weeks break between jobs. It just looks better and are too long ago to be checked up on. Everything else is honest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

Nope haven't lied, but most of my friends do, probably the reason why i can't get a summer job :/

Advertisement