Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that would make a shít-load of money if they were invented.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

humbert wrote: »
    A way to punch people in the face over the internet.

That's good okay but better yet how about a way to kick people in the face over the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

a5y wrote: »
    Today I will show you something that will blow your mind. :pac:

best post in a long time. I nearly choked on me Blaa laughing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

a device that transmits the thoughts of a baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

They should do something similar for a phone!

I am always losing my phone when there is no phone available!

But how would you call it :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

coco_lola wrote: »

i dont know, maybe it should be an app or something or like a teeny tiny phone charm that responds to a remote or something??

i havent figured out how to actually work it yet but when i do ill be rich i tells ya rich!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Omackeral wrote: »
    A shower unit that also sucks jacks blows dries you off. An additional setting where hot air comes out of the hose rather than water. I reckon it could be decent enough.

The shower could be a full size version of those really cool hand-dryers they have in pub toilets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

coco_lola wrote: »

Here, phoney, phoney, phoney.

-obVIOUS!-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Here, phoney, phoney, phoney.

-obVIOUS!-

you genius that's how it will work! :D

an app with voice recognition!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

you genius that's how it will work! :D

an app with voice recognition!!

I just want to be so rich I can have a safe of phones in my house, so if I lose my phone, I can go to the safe and get more.

Now I need to invent something to be that rich... dammit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

A device that warned you that you were about to put petrol into a diesel engine car, or vice-versa. If you were pouring, say, petrol into a diesel engine car, the car would automatically know it was petrol (through a method I have yet to figure out) and then the car would automatically close a valve to the fuel tank.

[SIZE="1"](Patent: Pedant - 06/06/2012 - 00:15) [/SIZE]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

smartphone pregnancy test app
    *would love to see if anyone would actually try it*

G'luck to that, if I ever catch the girl friend pissing on my phone, she's gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Pedant wrote: »
    A device that warned you that you were about to put petrol into a diesel engine car, or vice-versa. If you were pouring, say, petrol into a diesel engine car, the car would automatically know it was petrol (through a method I have yet to figure out) and then the car would automatically close a value to the fuel tank.

(Patent: Pedant - 06/06/2012 - 00:15)

They have that. It's called colour coding.
    Green for petrol, black for diesel.

Next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

They have that. It's called colour coding.
    Green for petrol, black for diesel.

Next.

No, the device that I came up with is for stupid people. Lots of people mix the two up all the time. Also, think about if you were in a foreign country and didn't understand the language on the pumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

A device that reminds stupid people to put the correct mix of petrol and 2 stroke oil into things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

A device that warned you that you were about to put petrol into a diesel engine car, or vice-versa. If you were pouring, say, petrol into a diesel engine car, the car would automatically know it was petrol (through a method I have yet to figure out) and then the car would automatically close a value to the fuel tank.

[SIZE="1"](Patent: Pedant - 06/06/2012 - 00:15) [/SIZE]

Well ye can't really put diesel in a petrol, nozzle sizes are different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No, the device that I came up with is for stupid people. Lots of people mix the two up all the time. Also, think about if you were in a foreign country and didn't understand the language on the pumps.

No, they don't. You must be hanging out in petrol stations for the blind or something.

Anyway, diesel is just 'diesel' in most other languages. And for this reason I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

I can see someone on Dragons Den soon with one of these ideas....Then the fun will start!;)

Heads to the drawing board...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

oxo_ wrote: »
    6. X-ray glasses.
    Why? Now I can see some sort of medical applications but the negatives of increased exposure to the radiographer outweigh any benefits.

What is people's obsession with seeing bones about, osteophile maybe?

/pedant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

i dont know, maybe it should be an app or something or like a teeny tiny phone charm that responds to a remote or something??

i havent figured out how to actually work it yet but when i do ill be rich i tells ya rich!! :D
    You mean like the find my iPhone app that's pre installed on all iPhones? I'm sure android have apps too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Anyway, diesel is just 'diesel' in most other languages. And for this reason I'm out.

gasoil / gazole / gasolio / gas-oil / Gasoleo

or use the one that isn't labelled

Essence / Benzin / Bleifrei / Gasolina / Bensin / Blyfri

clues like black pumps (usually diesel), numbers such as 95 0r 98 (petrol octane ratings) should provide a clue.

If in doubt, ask or even sniff

there is no point trying to totally idiot proof things, all you end up doing is breed better idiots

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

smash wrote: »
    You mean like the find my iPhone app that's pre installed on all iPhones? I'm sure android have apps too.
    http://wheresmydroid.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

And when the battery is dead ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

a5y wrote: »
    Today I will show you something that will blow your mind. :pac:

Don't forget to bring a towel!

The_Joker wrote: »
    And when the battery is dead ??
    The plan is to find it by then.

Otherwise get an RFID tag and a reader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

a device the translates what women say to what they actually mean when they have pmt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

A device that would tell you the numbers of all the euromillions draws :-) mmmm
    would be very nice if I could get one for tonight .

A thing that I put onto the garden hose that collects all the heavy water that passes through it and puts it into an empty bottle of sparkling water from lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ahava

A flying car. It would look like a regular car and you could drive it on the road but you could also take off and fly it anytime you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

The holodeck. €5 for the first minute, €1 for each subsequent minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A mute button on the wife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

eth0 wrote: »
    A thing that I put onto the garden hose that collects all the heavy water that passes through it and puts it into an empty bottle of sparkling water from lidl
    OK, I'll bite. I get the heavy water, but why collect it in a Lidl sparkling water bottle?

Adyx wrote: »
    OK, I'll bite. I get the heavy water, but why collect it in a Lidl sparkling water bottle?

That way nobody would take any notice of it. You don't want some fancy metal container in a locked briefcase. This way when you have a couple of them full just horse them onto the back seat, bring over to sellafield or some place and walk out with 500,000e or more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Why? Now I can see some sort of medical applications but the negatives of increased exposure to the radiographer outweigh any benefits.

What is people's obsession with seeing bones about, osteophile maybe?

/pedant

No, they'd be low power enough not to cause any damage and just powerful enough and precise enough to just remove all layers of clothes.

Perv glasses then really is what I meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Perv glasses then really is what I meant.

Needs a catchier name than that though. Guess that's the marketing department's problem!

Needs a catchier name than that though. Guess that's the marketing department's problem!

You could run an advert, horny bloke goes on holiday in Thailand and enters a keep fit class full of hot chicks, whips out his glasses to put them on and starts screaming uncontrollably. Camera pans downward to show a load of floppy langers bouncing around between the chicks' leg with a condecending voice saying "should've gone to specsavers".
    Would make a mint...

Ahava wrote: »
    A flying car. It would look like a regular car and you could drive it on the road but you could also take off and fly it anytime you want.
    LOL

have you any idea of the fuel consumption of aircraft ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinson_R44
    it's got an 8.8L engine €1,683 in motor tax
    tank is 116 L so nearly €200 a fill (also has a 70L reserve tank)

other problem is safety 89 deaths out of 5,300 sold
    very roughly 1% chance of being in a serious accident per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Has anyone said a "**** load of money making machine" yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ahava

LOL

have you any idea of the fuel consumption of aircraft ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinson_R44
    it's got an 8.8L engine €1,683 in motor tax
    tank is 116 L so nearly €200 a fill (also has a 70L reserve tank)

other problem is safety 89 deaths out of 5,300 sold
    very roughly 1% chance of being in a serious accident per year.

Why? Why would you go out of your way to shatter somebody's dream like that. With all your disgusting research and links?

Why I ask?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

an online device that could filter-out idiotic threads & posters, like this.:D

Ahava wrote: »
    Why? Why would you go out of your way to shatter somebody's dream like that. With all your disgusting research and links?

Why I ask?
    Market research.

Did you know that gyro-copters are more efficient and are already set to auto-rotate ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

an online device that could filter-out idiotic threads & posters, like this.:D

Yeah, you go ahead and "invent" that. Meanwhile I'll put you on ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

A machine that could make my cheese sandwiches exactly the way I make them, and then toast them exactly the way our sandwich toaster does. This would definitely make a fortune, mainly because I would buy every single one made, I'd need two for every room and a spare per room, and then a few portable ones...:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Injectable sleep.

Injectable sheep.

Merely because I thought that's what the previous poster said, damn these small mobile screens...

Injectable sheep.

Merely because I thought that's what the previous poster said, damn these small mobile screens...

I'd prefer edible sleep.

Also the ability to store excess sleep in a plastic bag in powder form. When you need the sleep just mix some with milk as with that 'Complan' stuff, drink it down and feel like you just got out of bed ready for a hard day's work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭lostboy

snort said powder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

aids neutraliser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Smellevision.. Like television, but... *cough* also the internet was a great invention, if someone could invent that and a less sticky jam for the retarded among us. I bet bell labs wont know what hit 'em

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

Daniel S wrote: »
    Can't sleep, excited about F1 cars etc tomorrow! :pac:

Anyway:

1. Tape measure that doesn't "crack/snap/bend" when it's extended. The fun that could be had.... :D
    2. A bath with curved ends so you can slosh the water around all you like.
    3. A 3D CAD modelling add-on for Solidworks where you could just "describe" the part and it would make it.

Anyone else have ideas?

All below ideas © Daniel S

1kilo (loss) a week pills :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A Portal gun.

Advertisement