Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Zombie Apocalypse has already begun

• 03-06-2012 2:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,248 ✭✭✭✭

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/31/zombie-alert-man-throws-his-own-intestines-at-police/
    The grisly assault on a homeless man whose face was eaten by a deranged assailant lasted for 18 agonizing minutes and was captured on nearby surveillance cameras.
    Rudy Eugene, who authorities suspect may have been high on a dangerous new street drug known as "bath salts," had to be shot four times by a police officer to halt the cannibalistic attack.
    The victim, Ronald Poppo, 65, is in critical condition after police say 75 percent of his face was devoured by Eugene.
    Footage taken by security cameras at the nearby Miami Herald building show most of the 18 gory minutes of Eugene's growling and vicious attack on Poppo when Eugene ate the man's nose, mouth and eyes.
    Eugene had a criminal past and has the notoriety of being the first person ever tasered by the North Miami Police Department after he was arrested for beating and threatening to kill his mother in 2008. Police told ABC affiliate WPLG that they had to taser him three times to subdue him.
    "He wasn't cooperative, wouldn't follow orders, very belligerent," said Detective Mike Pons. "He had that thousand-yard stare, staring right into you, not assessing or understanding what the commands were."

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/31/zombie-alert-man-throws-his-own-intestines-at-police/
    And so it begins.
    On Saturday, a grisly attack left a Miami man in critical condition after 75% of his face was gnawed off by a naked man who was shot dead by the police. The vicious incident (which the Internet has blamed on an overdose of the new drug “bath salts”), combined with other shady, not-entirely-substantiated news reports of mysterious illnesses and folks running around Florida in haz-mat suits, has conspiracy theorists talking about the inevitable zombie apocalypse.
    Adding fuel to the fire is the bizarre case of Wayne Carter, a New Jersey man who allegedly cut out his intestines and threw them at police on Sunday.
    (MORE: Naked Man Chews Other Guy’s Face, Shot Dead by Cops)
    The gruesome scene played out at Carter’s Hackensack, N.J., home after police were called based on reports that the 43-year-old man was barricaded in his room with a knife and planning on harming himself, according to the local NBC station. The cops kicked in the door and ordered Carter to drop the knife. Ignoring the officers’ orders, Carter allegedly began stabbing himself in the abdomen, neck and legs instead. Attempts to subdue him with pepper spray did nothing but seemed to enrage him. That’s when officers say Carter began throwing pieces of his skin and entrails at the cops. Wisely, the police retreated.
    The police called in the Bergen County SWAT team, which was able to eventually subdue Carter and get him to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition. No charges have been filed because of the unusual nature of the case, according to NBC New York. Hackensack police lieutenant John Heinemann told reporters that he believes drugs or mental illness may have led to the horrific incident, but those details haven’t been confirmed. After everything else this week, zombie apocalypse seems just as likely anyway.

http://www.castanet.net/news/World/75981/Man-eats-roommates-brain-and-heart
    A Maryland college student faces a number of charges after allegedly confessing he killed his roommate, then ate the victim's heart and part of his brain.
    Twenty-one-year-old Alexander Kinyua was charged with first-degree murder and other offences Thursday, in the death of 37-year-old Kujoe Bonsafo Agyei-Kodie.
    Kodie had reportedly been living with the Kinyuas for the past six months. He was reported missing on May 25, after he was said to have left the home to go for a run.
    Kinyua's father Antony called police on Tuesday, to report that another son, Jarrod, had found a human head and two hands stuffed in tins hidden under a blanket in the Joppatowne, Maryland house's basement laundry room.
    When Antony and Jarrod returned to the basement they discovered "the items he observed were gone and Alex Kinyua was cleaning the container he observed them in," according to charging documents.
    Police later returned with a search warrant and discovered the body parts hidden elsewhere in the house.
    Police say the accused subsequently admitted cutting Kodie up with a knife and eating his heart and part of his brain. He also led them to the Harford County church trash container where the rest of Kodie's remains were stashed.
    The incident comes in a week of grisly news that included video posted to a Canadian website that allegedly captured the murder and dismemberment of a man whose body parts were mailed to federal political party headquarters in Ottawa.
    Also this week, a man in Miami was shot dead by police after he was discovered chewing on another man's face at the side of a busy highway. The victim of that attack, 65-year-old Ronald Poppo, was in critical condition and will be permanently disfigured as a result.
    Originally from Kenya, Kinyua was an electrical engineering student at Morgan State University. He had no prior criminal record, but was arrested on May 20 for allegedly attacking a man on the school's campus with a baseball bat.
    During his court appearance Thursday, Kinyua was ordered held without bail.

So, this is how the world ends? Are you prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse?

I have some firearms training now, an AR-15 and a Saiega 12-gauge with enough ammunition to bring down at least 300 of the bastards (more if I can get them to stand next to eachother!), a few jeeps and some canned provisions. I figure to be safe I should drive up to the Appalachians and camp out for a few months while the infection runs its course. Use the birdshot rounds to keep me fed with live game and live off the land.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Overheal wrote: »
    So, this is how the world ends? Are you prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse?
    Is it too late for the pebbles to vote?

(Internet high five to whoever gets the reference.)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

What are ye on about? Its been happening here in Cork for the last few months. We just don't complain about it....

Also, there's a Zombie Survival forum, quite a few good writers there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

If the Zombie Apocalypse did break out, I always thought living on an island would be the safest. Y'all need to shut down air and ferry service as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

If the Zombie Apocalypse did break out, I always thought living on an island would be the safest. Y'all need to shut down air and ferry service as quickly as possible.

This wouldn't happen on Madagascar...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Few zombies. Be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I live in cork population not that high ill just shoot every thing that moves

Few hunting shops around should have enough bullets to last a while

Cork24 wrote: »
    I live in cork population not that high ill just shoot every thing that moves

Few hunting shops around should have enough bullets to last a while

That's the usual carry on, but what if there's a zombie apocalypse?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i am an onion

Ready Your shotguns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Tonight we dine in hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

deathrider wrote: »
    Few zombies. Be grand.

So long as they aren't running zombies.

• Advertisement

Dartz wrote: »
    So long as they aren't running zombies.

In which case- Few Zombies. Be fecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Not that I believe the apocalypse is coming or anything but where would one find masses of dried / tinned food? I'm going to try the dried / tinned food diet... yeah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

How come te virus wasn't as contagious when the first wave broke out across cinemas, back in teh seventies you impressionable crack'd up nutters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Overheal wrote: »
    I have some firearms training now, an AR-15 and a Saiega 12-gauge with enough ammunition to bring down at least 300 of the bastards (more if I can get them to stand next to eachother!), a few jeeps and some canned provisions. I figure to be safe I should drive up to the Appalachians and camp out for a few months while the infection runs its course. Use the birdshot rounds to keep me fed with live game and live off the land.
    Sounds a bit energetic to me. This being Ireland we're never far from a proper old school bog, so I reckon I'll just sit in the middle of one, get a good book and try to ignore the sound of sinking skullmunchers.

Advertisement