Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you turn off your mobile phone at night?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

What if there is an emergency OP?

I think it's quite irresponsible to leave your phone off at night..

I was stranded in town one night, no money, no way of getting home, no hope. Phoned everyone in my family and they all had their phones switched off :(

What if I was been chased by a crowd of knackers? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

I was stranded in town one night, no money, no way of getting home, no hope. Phoned everyone in my family and they all had their phones switched off :(

Call 999? I don't think they turn off their phones yet despite all the cut backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

It gets turned off at night on my weekends off. Otherwise it's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Why can't people buy alarm clocks to wake them up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

My mobilealarm clock stays on 24/7.

I only use it for 2 things. Alarm and just incase I need to text my mother.

Other than that I dont use it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Interesting question. I'd never thought about it before, but I have it on 24/7. The only time it's not switched on is when the battery has died.

So I think I am going to try and make a point of switching my phone off for a period, like when out jogging or eating or just when I don't really want to be anchored to someone else's agenda. It's probably not always good for your wellbeing to never allow yourself be totally unreachable for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

mickrock wrote: »
    Why can't people buy alarm clocks to wake them up?

Because you cant set 50 alarms to go off at 20 minute intervals, eventually reducing to 15, 10 and 5 min intervals from 5:40am until 8:25am with a standard crappy alarm clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I used to but these days I don't since I have an alarm set on it for the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Coming to think of it, alot of the time the only people that try contact you at 2am at night are usually your drunk friends declaring love etc. nothing really important. think I'll be turning it off at night from now on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't understand why people with smartphones don't just use airplane mode so they can still use texts but won't get calls, texts or e-mails etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I leave it on 24/7 unless i forget to charge it. I use the alarm feature to wake me up in morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Always leave my phone on at night. A text message doesn't wake me up but a phone call would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Used to always turn it off at night (not sure why :rolleyes:), now it's on 24/7. Turn on the silent profile before sleep, check the alarm is set, then try nod off 'til that sounds :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I always turn it off at night, wouldn't get a wink of sleep otherwise with people texting asking me if time has stopped, looking for a roide or wanting to talk because they can't sleep :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

No, I keep it on nearly all the time, and always throughout the night because I set my phone alarm on every day.

Advertisement