Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advertising woes.

• 03-06-2012 4:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

which do you hate more the 3-5 minutes of ads on TV during your favorite show or the constantly popping internet ads ( especially during a youtube video)?

My vote is for the internet ads. Feel like i'm playing whack-a-mole constantly closing internet ad boxes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm watching a TV show at a nice volume, just right

Ads come and BOOM, lift me out of it

Jacking up the volume will get my attention, attention to never buy your products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I avoid TV ads and I use Opera with an inbuilt pop up blocker. So, neither of those? When I go to the cinema, on the other hand. That and ads that are built in to sites (not pop ups) are the ads I encounter. So, the only ones that bother me are the cinema ones, tbh.

Edit: Addendum - YouTube videos have recently gotten advertising of a bad sort. In a lot of videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

How else would I know what stupid shit to buy if there was no ads?

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I'm watching a TV show at a nice volume, just right

Ads come and BOOM, lift me out of it

Jacking up the volume will get my attention, attention to never buy your products

Never understood the point in that tactic. Everyone I know just ends up muting the TV altogether (making the advertisements effectively useless).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I avoid the issue by not watching telly. Its all online these days anyway. Also internet ads are easy to zap. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    I avoid the issue by not watching telly. Its all online these days anyway. Also internet ads are easy to zap. ;)

Unless they are before a video like many are doing now. Skip after 15sec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

that advert with the women ( technically, as she sounds like a tranny and dresses like one too ) from the sofa advert screaming come on ireland we'll give you the room free etc...

just goes to prove that medical science can fix you're sexual prefference but not you're lisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I am constantly singing "from little things, big things grow" but I dont know what it is advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

If there were no ads on You Tube it would not be free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

But if their were no ads on Telly, how would we get to see such beauties add this:

Admit it, your all dancing round the living rooms now singing with yer man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Pat Star

I don't have a TV and block internet ads. So neither of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I hate it when on some videos when you close the ad at the bottom another one that is the same appears on the top right of the video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I have adblocker on whilst online, I record anything i want to watch on tv using Skyplus then just skip all the adverts. Its not so bad..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

which do you hate more the 3-5 minutes of ads on TV during your favorite show or the constantly popping internet ads ( especially during a youtube video)?

My vote is for the internet ads. Feel like i'm playing whack-a-mole constantly closing internet ad boxes.
    Download and install 'Adblock Plus'. I never see an ad while I'm browsing since I installed it on Firefox.
    Ads are a pox on humanity.

Advertisement