Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twink

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

And I'm sure absolutely NONE of it is her fault...don't you know who I am, officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

I know I am mad or plain stupid to be even reading about this woman, but is it not possible that she has an incredible imagination or is revealing such stories for attention? I am referring to the 'attack in the loos' episode.

I don't want to cast doubts on her story, but she does not come across as the type who would be so timid as to keep such an incident quiet when and if it did take place. I mean surely such an incident needed reporting to the proper authorities, or perhaps she did report it at the time.

Twink is beginning to sound sad to me and although she appears to be seen as a laughing stock, there is also some human frailty there which perhaps should meet with our compassion. I mean she hasn't killed anyone has she, so why such vitriol or hatred towards her?

Unless I really knew the woman personally, I would hesitate before ridiculing her, but tend to look on her as being someone who has had a hard life in many ways and who knows, perhaps not all her own doing. She just sounds so sad and perhaps she was not always the person she is now. Life is not so good to everyone and having a nice home or money has little or nothing to do with what it can dish out.

Anyone agree with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

havetoquit wrote: »
    I know I am mad or plain stupid to be even reading about this woman, but is it not possible that she has an incredible imagination or is revealing such stories for attention? I am referring to the 'attack in the loos' episode.

I don't want to cast doubts on her story, but she does not come across as the type who would be so timid as to keep such an incident quiet when and if it did take place. I mean surely such an incident needed reporting to the proper authorities, or perhaps she did report it at the time.

Twink is beginning to sound sad to me and although she appears to be seen as a laughing stock, there is also some human frailty there which perhaps should meet with our compassion. I mean she hasn't killed anyone has she, so why such vitriol or hatred towards her?

Unless I really knew the woman personally, I would hesitate before ridiculing her, but tend to look on her as being someone who has had a hard life in many ways and who knows, perhaps not all her own doing. She just sounds so sad and perhaps she was not always the person she is now. Life is not so good to everyone and having a nice home or money has little or nothing to do with what it can dish out.

Anyone agree with this?

she's to big for her britches lol:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭portumnadaz

Anyone agree with this?

No I don't a bit sorry for her at all. I reckon she's a borderline hysterical psychopath that's been on an ego trip all her life. I don't accept this hard life nonsense either, jesus everyone has a hard life at times and very few harp on about it as much as she did. She's made a career from bullying and being a drama queen and who knows what kind of stunts she's pulled in RTE to get where she is. I can't wait til the old bitch croaks roaring.

God, now that is hard to follow, so I won't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

on today FM talking to Matt Cooper, naturally conceited isn't she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Twink is a mediocre talent with an iron will to succeed.She pushed herself on to be a success in a small market like Ireland.She tried her luck across the pond but didn't make it.Pure determination got her where she is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

todolist wrote: »
    Twink is a mediocre talent with an iron will to succeed.She pushed herself on to be a success in a small market like Ireland.She tried her luck across the pond but didn't make it.[b\Pure determination got her where she is.[/b]

yeah....a bitter, nasty piece of work who is a laughing stock to her country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Didnt she call someone a knacker on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 music_lover

Heard her on Matthew cooper show...brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Embarrassing. Imagine if she was your mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

witch burn her at the stake :p

case885 wrote: »
    witch burn her at the stake :p

Sorry, but that is a bit strong and am sure you don't mean it. Regardless of her behavior, how well do we know the woman, apart from the media who incidentally do not always get it right and does she not like all of us have good points as well as bad?

Who knows what state of mind may have been responsible for her comments? Do we have a right to judge her?

She may well have a dysfunctional character, which in itself is an illness of sorts, probably inherited, so really does she need to have her character demeaned and defiled as though she were a criminal?

I think perhaps that there are times when if we do not have something positive to say, that we should at least keep our comments within the realms of decency and try to be humane.

Spouting vitriolic words in my humble opinion just brings the poster down to a level equal if not lower than the person being reviled in print.

As for myself, I do not know the woman personally, do not listen to idle gossip in tabloids and do not feel justified in making hateful comments about her or anyone else who has a public profile.

Still, I guess Shakespeare knew what he was talking about when he referred to 'Man's Inhumanity to Man'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

erniedaman wrote: »
    In todays Sunday Indo,Twink claimed a female RTE personality came on to her.
    Is Twink trying to sell a book or is there some other publicity she needs?
    Now the tongues will start wagging as to who this personality is.
    My money is on a newsreader.
    Any other suggestions?;)

MOD NOTE: Per the charter do not name names, or hint at such.
    she was named at the weekend

Sorry, but that is a bit strong and am sure you don't mean it. Regardless of her behavior, how well do we know the woman, apart from the media who incidentally do not always get it right and does she not like all of us have good points as well as bad?

Who knows what state of mind may have been responsible for her comments? Do we have a right to judge her?

She may well have a dysfunctional character, which in itself is an illness of sorts, probably inherited, so really does she need to have her character demeaned and defiled as though she were a criminal?

I think perhaps that there are times when if we do not have something positive to say, that we should at least keep our comments within the realms of decency and try to be humane.

Spouting vitriolic words in my humble opinion just brings the poster down to a level equal if not lower than the person being reviled in print.

As for myself, I do not know the woman personally, do not listen to idle gossip in tabloids and do not feel justified in making hateful comments about her or anyone else who has a public profile.

Still, I guess Shakespeare knew what he was talking about when he referred to 'Man's Inhumanity to Man'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DINu35v3eMU i rest my case :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

she was named at the weekend

Anyone wants to find out who, There's Google.

We don't need them named here.

Yes, these are indeed wretched smutty verbals etc and not the sort of thing I enjoy. I cannot imagine that anyone else would gain much pleasure from it either, but let's be honest, this vile chatter was from a very angry, disturbed person aimed at her ex husband and was not meant for public airing.

If we are honest, I guess we would have to admit that she is not the only one who has hurled this kind of abuse down the phone or in person, if in a particularly bad state of mind, no matter how horrid it is.

Please do not misinterpret that I am trying to justify or condone this woman whom I do not know in any way, but I just feel that spouting vile words about her is somehow almost as dysfunctional as her behavior.

I guess if anything happened to her tomorrow God forbid, there would be many who would remember her for the good deeds she may have done, or maybe just that she made them laugh, whatever.

Does it make us feel better or can it be good for us as individuals to be so abusive about someone we do not know personally?

She has to live with herself and deal with any lies she has told or hurt or embarrassment she may have caused to others.

She comes across as someone who is a little unbalanced and perhaps her background, upbringing etc has contributed to the person she became.

I prefer to see people like that as being unfortunate and count myself lucky that I am not consumed with that kind of anger, desperation, or need for attention. When she said she had considered suicide, I honestly could not see her as anything, but someone who must have felt incredibly desperate, depressed, alone and worthless. No human being deserves to feel that way, regardless.

Has anyone considered that this woman or her daughters may well be subscribers to this board and how reading horrid comments could impact upon them?

It is so easy to write anonymously and even if the words are not written with the intent to hurt, they can badly affect the reader, depending on their stability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

The Zip Up Song with Twink

She talks about opting to practise Neurosurgery here, if she had her time over again.

Here, Twink tells the newpapers about her extra-marital affair with a ski instructor.
    "In the end I decided against my separation idea in favour of a more punishing form of revenge. Willie gave me a private tutorial and within an hour I had picked up everything I know," she writes. "Now girls, I won't lie... there was some off-piste action as well."...

"After a day filled with skiing, Twink called round to the ski instructors' ski lodge "wearing a gorgeous tiny black dress, a long fox fur coat and f***-me shoes, I joined Willie for drinks and ended up having the most fantastic night in Willie's bed."

Extremely embarrassing for the unfortunate daughters, and a matter of indifference to tabloid readers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Anyone wants to find out who, There's Google.

We don't need them named here.

Oh man,when I read this,I got a little sick in my mouth:D:eek:

I think that most posters would now agree that this topic has been well and truly exhausted and it would be nice to move on.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I think that most posters would now agree that this topic has been well and truly exhausted and it would be nice to move on.:)

ok...twink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Twink really is a horror. Been milking that marriage split for years now.

I disagree we should start a petition banning her from national tv (Y)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

she no more annoying than turbidity or the other mediocre broadcasters we have in this accursed country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

todolist wrote: »
    she no more annoying than turbidity or the other mediocre broadcasters we have in this accursed country.

Mediocrity is not the most offensive thing about Twink. Whatever her faults, I doubt anybody could describe the woman as bland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Embarrassing. Imagine if she was your mother?

Remember she said something along the lines of Gerry's (Ryan) children reading about their father .... She (Melanie Vaerwood) should never have wrote...

But she goes and writes a book not thinking about her ex husband's children and her own children.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭mactheknife19

how do you find out how many books she has sold

I remember Lorraine Keane thought she was the dog B*****ks when she put a book out, and it sold about 10 copies. Thankfully have seen next to nothing of her since........maybe she got the message.
    Hopefully we see something similar with Twink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

"wearing a gorgeous tiny black dress, a long fox fur coat and f***-me shoes"

:confused:

What has been imagined cannot be unimagined :mad:

PS can anyone tell me what "f***-me SHOES" are............... F**^ Me SHOES??????!!!!!!
    Is this the new thing now?

Advertisement