Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV gaming setup on Xbox

Options
  • 03-06-2012 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭

So, I bought this tv, http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-42LS3400-led-tv

Working well on the xbox so far, however its a 1080p tv with 100hz yet I can only get it working at 60hz.

Is this a limitation of the Xbox or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Most things only output at 60hz the 100hz thing is really only a marketing gimmick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Also forgot to mention the HD cables I have are component cables, will this make a difference ?

Nope! The Xbox only outputs at 60hz like almost everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Also forgot to mention the HD cables I have are component cables, will this make a difference ?

Yeah HDMI all the way, sharper pic and better blacks on most TV's

Head down to the €2 shop for one, also don't believe the bs about gold plated hdmi cables etc the cheap ones are = to expensive ones unless you have a 3D TV or using newer blueray players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

calex71 wrote: »
    Patsy fyre wrote: »

Yeah HDMI all the way, sharper pic and better blacks on most TV's

Head down to the €2 shop for one, also don't believe the bs about gold plated hdmi cables etc the cheap ones are = to expensive ones unless you have a 3D TV or using newer blueray players.
    So should I buy hdmi cables over the hdmi component cable?

• Advertisement

If you want, its worth it if you can get the HDMI cable for less than €5, otherwise its not really worth it. It wont affect the Hz issue though

Advertisement