Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Cullen and La Dolce Villa

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

jimmyw wrote: »
    Dont ye have Ciara Conway?

haha funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

The whole lot of them live like kings and queens, all while generations will suffer.
    People deserve rewards for life service and outstanding performances, not a handful of years falling from one disaster to another !!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭1971

Thanks Martin for the motorway to Dublin, it was well worth the price you had to pay for the voting machines.We would still be going to Dublin on the kilkenny bog road only for the tireless effort you put in for us, enjoy your retirement for you did good for Waterford city and county .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

1971 wrote: »
    Thanks Martin for the motorway to Dublin, it was well worth the price you had to pay for the voting machines.We would still be going to Dublin on the kilkenny bog road only for the tireless effort you put in for us, enjoy your retirement for you did good for Waterford city and county .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Ciara Conway represents us on tv3

Where there is a camera or a mic, Ciara wont be too far away.

Does anyone remember last year, when the then Mayor of Naas (Cant remember his name) made the comments that he would not represent black people, Ciara was all over the place, radio, tv, newspapers etc looking for him to resign.

I am amased that when a Waterford City Councillor (It might be the mayor) while talking on Deise Am said something like that a lot of the crime in Waterford is caused by people who moved into the area in recent years. I was waiting for Ciara to once again throw off her clothes, and demand that he stand down, but no. No comment from Ciara. Is he a Labour Councillor by any chance. I know who the Mayor he is but dont know what party he belonged to, or is it a case that what he had to say was not on a high enough stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭cbl593h

Black Suir wrote: »
    snipped

I was waiting for Ciara to once again throw off her clothes..............

When was the previous time and how much for the pictures !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I was waiting for Ciara to once again throw off her clothes,
    cbl593h wrote: »

Mother of god!

cbl593h wrote: »

Might not be very pretty ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

dont see why everyone is so up in the air over cullen, id do the exact same thing if it was offered to me, im only twenty two and id spend the rest of me life in florida on 110 grand a year, cant see many other people turning it down either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Tellox wrote: »
    Fair play to him, he's a gentleman, and did a lot of work for Waterford despite his Career being marred by false accusations over a number of years.

€120k/yr is a decent enough retirement package, which to be fair I think is quite low considering he had to deal with the bull**** and begrudging attitudes of the Waterford people as a whole for as long as he did. To be honest, in his position, I'd demand double before I'd even consider listening to the **** that some of you manage to come out with. Accusing him of tax dodging, stating he shouldn't be allowed to live in another country.. ****ing hell, I'm surprised you managed to turn on your PC and type that **** out.

Anyway, back to the point - fair play to him. I hope he enjoys himself over there.
    Waterford is a bit of a joke politically because of him ( and "smoking Joe" Deasy), voting machines, the bridge, the helicopter door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

tobey wrote: »
    dont see why everyone is so up in the air over cullen, id do the exact same thing if it was offered to me, im only twenty two and id spend the rest of me life in florida on 110 grand a year, cant see many other people turning it down either

No doubts he wants out of the country after bankrupting it , Shame him and his cronies had to leave a train crash behind them , but as you say easy to colour your outlook when you on a cushy pension.
    Even heroin dealers , armed robbers and tiger kidnappers can easily justify their actions as they need to get paid too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

tobey wrote: »

Only problem is you and the rest of us would have to earn the 110k and account for our actions...:)

rasper wrote: »
    No doubts he wants out of the country after bankrupting it , Shame him and his cronies had to leave a train crash behind them , but as you say easy to colour your outlook when you on a cushy pension.
    Even heroin dealers , armed robbers and tiger kidnappers can easily justify their actions as they need to get paid too

And safe in the knowledge that his cronies left behind,also on cushy pensions,will act as his apologists and attemt to shout down anyone who dares to question his actions (inactions) while he was a cabinet minister.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mickusdickus

The findings of the mahon tribunal , regarding curuption comes to mind,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

washman3 wrote: »
    And safe in the knowledge that his cronies left behind,also on cushy pensions,will act as his apologists and attemt to shout down anyone who dares to question his actions (inactions) while he was a cabinet minister.:mad:

He doesn't need to leave behind cronies tbh, considering how ****ing moronic everyone begrudging him is coming across, the average Joe can defend him just to ensure he doesn't look half as thick as the opposing side.

I'm just waiting for the competition of "who has the extra chromosome" to kick off. Likely whenever someone tries to link this to the Mahon Tribunal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

Jesus its terrible, just as a pilot lands a plane and everyone claps with delight?

He's supposed to land the plane thats his job,

Poor martin !!! leave him alone, he's done well for waterford, well thats his job he is supposed to do it,

And also waste the taxpayers money. ye dont need ask what im talking about, Sure at least it was a waterford company that got paid to house the e machines in johnstown business park ( well known fact, not speaking out of school) are they still housed in johnstown? thats a lot of rent on a shed to house millions of euros worth of equipment !!!!

No matter what side your on one sure thing remains the same, All parties will continue to get up to allsorts regardless of what us taxpayers think.

Whether people like Martin Cullen or not or any other former minister of any party, the pension they get is what they are entitled to until some Taoiseach and group of ministers decided to change it and lets face it, this is not going to happen because they would not have the balls to do so.

What Martin Cullen or any other ex minister do with what they get is none of our business. How would some people like it if some minister came up with a rule that any person on the dole is not allowed to go into a pub and spend what they get each week so as they can pi$$ it up against some while and at the same time chasing someone elses wife or young-one while there own wife is at home with the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭donaghs

banjacksed wrote: »
    Poor martin !!! leave him alone, he's done well for waterford, well thats his job he is supposed to do it,

And also waste the taxpayers money. ye dont need ask what im talking about, Sure at least it was a waterford company that got paid to house the e machines in johnstown business park ( well known fact, not speaking out of school) are they still housed in johnstown? thats a lot of rent on a shed to house millions of euros worth

I don't think hes entitled to live where he wants, for two reasons, his chicanery in general and his roll in bankrupting this country and ruining so many lives. Jail first methinks. I wish I could go further but as LiveLive showed, legal action is a real threat.

If Cullen was just a TD you could argue that his job was just to look out for Waterford (although I'm not so sure myself since it's a national parliament not just a county council). But Cullen was a minister, with a National role.

Is there anything we can do bring him to account? I remember reading his sons got into fights on his behalf during the Leech thing. Are they still around to tell us what hero and statesman he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭deeks

donaghs wrote: »
    I don't think hes entitled to live where he wants, for two reasons, his chicanery in general and his roll in bankrupting this country and ruining so many lives. Jail first methinks. I wish I could go further but as LiveLive showed, legal action is a real threat.

Is there anything we can do bring him to account? I remember reading his sons got into fights on his behalf during the Leech thing. Are they still around to tell us what hero and statesman he is?

How handy to be able to spout general statements and then not have to back them up because of the threat of legal action. If you really believe what you're saying then have the balls to say it publicly and stand by it. If it's true there will be no consequences!!

And what about his sons getting into fights. They probably felt the need to defend their father against idiots like you making what were proved to be false allegations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

donaghs wrote: »
    I remember reading his sons got into fights on his behalf during the Leech thing. Are they still around to tell us what hero and statesman he is?

They're still around, as is his daughter and wife. They're still here... he's in sunny Florida. Tells you all you need to know about the man. Regardless of what kind of politician he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

What Martin Cullen or any other ex minister do with what they get is none of our business. How would some people like it if some minister came up with a rule that any person on the dole is not allowed to go into a pub and spend what they get each week so as they can pi$$ it up against some while and at the same time chasing someone elses wife or young-one while there own wife is at home with the children.

Wow tell us how you really feel:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

This must be the fig leaf thread that will get bumped to cover the fact that FG are imoptent to deliver anything in Waterford or prevent Big Phil and all asset stripping the city for their own constituency.

When the peasents start noticing how sh!t we are bring up E-voting again:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Nice to see Cullen out living the high life whilst the majority of the country is left behind without a pot to piss in. I wonder what those who founded the state would make of these type of chancers. In that time,politics was a vocation where people served their country and people for little or no personal gain, now its just full of careerist egomaniacs like Cullen. Im no daily mail fan, but credit to them for this article, hope they catch up with the rest of the FF's and harruange them becuase thats the least they deserve. And to those who say he can do what he wants, of course he can, he always could, thats the ****ing problem! cnut

WumBuster wrote: »
    Nice to see Cullen out living the high life whilst the majority of the country is left behind without a pot to piss in. I wonder what those who founded the state would make of these type of chancers. In that time,politics was a vocation where people served their country and people for little or no personal gain, now its just full of careerist egomaniacs like Cullen. Im no daily mail fan, but credit to them for this article, hope they catch up with the rest of the FF's and harruange them becuase thats the least they deserve. And to those who say he can do what he wants, of course he can, he always could, thats the ****ing problem! cnut

But shure he fixhed the road.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Some of the comments here mAke me think , we really do deserve the goverments we get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

rasper wrote: »
    Some of the comments here mAke me think , we really do deserve the goverments we get

Exactly the Cullen obsession is only a deflection from the pr!cks who currently have their snouts in the trough and who are claiming multiple pensions while earning huge salaries. Makes you wonder how these people don't display so much outrage at the 1200 jobs created in Galway next to a negative number here.

But don't fret.Ciara is getting a makeover and Paudie is working hard:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Exactly the Cullen obsession is only a deflection from the pr!cks who currently have their snouts in the trough and who are claiming multiple pensions while earning huge salaries. Makes you wonder how these people don't display so much outrage at the 1200 jobs created in Galway next to a negative number here.

But don't fret.Ciara is getting a makeover and Paudie is working hard:D

Ah poor Ciara spent a lot of her interview with Moncrief last week moaning about all the sexist TDs treating her like a girl :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭donaghs

deeks wrote: »
    How handy to be able to spout general statements and then not have to back them up because of the threat of legal action. If you really believe what you're saying then have the balls to say it publicly and stand by it. If it's true there will be no consequences!!

And what about his sons getting into fights. They probably felt the need to defend their father against idiots like you making what were proved to be false allegations.

I don't find Cullen to be a trustworthy individual. The e-voting fiasco shows that.
    As for making false allegations, I haven't made any yet, but I don't expect Cullen to leave a written confession or some other "smoking gun" lying around.

Interesting about the awarding of all the contract to Leech. Looked suspect didn't it? So, the Standards in Public Office Commission subsequently investigated the appointment and also found no impropriety but said that it did not have sufficient legislative powers to instigate a deeper inquiry. Its request for wider powers to investigate allegations against the holders of public office was rejected by the Minister for Finance, Brian Cowen. So that's the end of that?

And of course Leech won almost €2 million from Indepedent newspapers, more than a victim of rape, or physical assault or disability would get.
    Seems like we have systemic problems in Ireland.

Basically, you may like the guy, maybe said he fixed a foot path or something. But this isnt that same thing as saying you like ManU and I dont. The bigger picture is that he's one of the "Guilty Men", who helped destroy our economy.
    Always reminds me of the anonymous 1940s classic, "Guilty Men".

Advertisement