Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep having to reset router

Options
  • 03-06-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am a NGB customer about 2 months now and am continually having problems with dropping speeds. At least once a day I am having to turn on and off my router as a result of painfully low speeds (>1mb download).

However once the modem has been reset the speeds are fine again, usually over 6mb download.

I had a wireless broadband provider before and did not have this issue. Is it eircoms router? Should I use my old router?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mazvis

I have same issue, have to reset router every evening, to keep speed high. It doesnt matter if I connect wired or wireless. Will change BB provider soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Think I may try my old router in the next day or 2. Could be the piece of junk router eircom supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

It's one of many problems with Eircom's supplied Zyxel router i'd bin it and get a proper one tbh...

Advertisement