Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodturning

Options
  • 03-06-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to let any woodturners on here know that we, the Midlands Chapter are having a one day workshop on the 23rd of June. It will be held in the Carpentry Store in Naas from 10.00am to 4.30pm. We will have Mark Baker, editor of the Woodturning magazine demonstrate on the day. Admission is €20 for Guild members and €25 for non-members. If you would like to attend please book your place by the 10th of June with Noel Fay at the Carpentry Store on 045 883088

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Stanirish

Would highly reconmend Mark as a demonstrator, both to the beginner and the experianced wood turner - great turner and lovely chap to talk with - have seen 4 of his demo's over here in ireland, and enjoyed every one - not to be missed

Regards

Stanley

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Stanirish wrote: »
    Would highly reconmend Mark as a demonstrator, both to the beginner and the experianced wood turner - great turner and lovely chap to talk with - have seen 4 of his demo's over here in ireland, and enjoyed every one - not to be missed

Regards

Stanley

Thanks Stan. I never saw him before. I was only elected Secretary of the Midlands Chapter before Christmas and this is the first big demonstrator we have gotten this year. We may have another well known demonstrator next month but thats still in the pipeline so I won't say too much about that. If you can, come along on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Just a quick reminder that this event is this coming Saturday. Places can be booked with Noel Fay at the Carpentry Store in Naas on 045883088.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 timbertim88

i have 3 union graduate lathes available,
    variable speed bowl lathe e1000,
    shortbed crucifix bowl lathe variable speed e1500.
    60" long bed variable speed and outboard bowl turning bed/arm 2500.
    anyone interested let me know. 085 168 6594
    kind wishes
    tim

Advertisement