Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with a toddler on a rainy day?

Options
  • 03-06-2012 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Thought of monkey business in Knocknacarra but she would be there on her own (without any friends) so that's a no.

We went to the aquarium last weekend.

She's too young to have the patience to sit quiet in the cinema.

Wracking my brain trying to think of something to do with her as I want to get out-have cabin fever after all the rain yesterday!!

Many thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Wellies, raincoat, puddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Wellies, raincoat, puddle.

That's an option. But I'd rather stay dry! Have a bit of a sniffle so would like not to end up with a headcold!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That's an option. But I'd rather stay dry! Have a bit of a sniffle so would like not to end up with a headcold!
    Sure you can sit in the car and watch :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Leisureland , pool etc,

That place beside tesco Leisureworld has kids play area

Playground in Salthill back of Seapoint, its not that wet out today really ...

Silver strand/beach out that way for a run around!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Do they still do storytime in the library? It was on a Friday morning as far as I can remember.

Olso pub in Salthill used to have a sign up about kids time on a Wednesday (I think) where they would screen films for kids to watch.

Eye scream at the Eye cinema is once a month I think, its a screening especially for small kids so I imagine its expected they will be restless and noisy.

BB's Cafe in leisureland now has a soft play area for under 4's.

Galway museum, maybe not the best place for small kids but it is free, its something to do, it has nice views, imagine its pretty quiet a lot of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Little My wrote: »
    Do they still do storytime in the library? It was on a Friday morning as far as I can remember.

Olso pub in Salthill used to have a sign up about kids time on a Wednesday (I think) where they would screen films for kids to watch.

Eye scream at the Eye cinema is once a month I think, its a screening especially for small kids so I imagine its expected they will be restless and noisy.

BB's Cafe in leisureland now has a soft play area for under 4's.

Galway museum, maybe not the best place for small kids but it is free, its something to do, it has nice views, imagine its pretty quiet a lot of the time.

Brilliant suggestions everyone-thanks. Weather cleared today thankfully so we got a walk on the prom but no doubt will have to put some of these ideas into practise if the weather stays poor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

TV I'm afraid or there's always the dark cupboard under the stairs. You can barely hear the screaming!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Swimming pool it's a good option. We sometimes go the pet shops, the free zoos ;)
    The library it's a very good option but only on Fridays. On Wednesdays there is toddler and infant morning at the Renmore Gimnastics Club at Ballybrit (http://renmoregymnastics.org/), it's cheap and safe, and they burn out lots of energy.

Busy Bees in Oranmore is somehow dangerous when busy, yesterday my son (2 years old) was knocked down by a 10 year old running like crazy. You can't avoid these accidents but can ruin the experience.

Advertisement