Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem enrolling sensor on Visonic

Options
  • 03-06-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all

Need your expert advice here please.
    One of the door contacts in my Powermax Complete system was faulty, so I deleted it from the system (zone 6) and ordered a new contact.
    New contact delivered was the new type MCT-320.
    So I have fitted it etc., but I can't get the new sensor enrolled onto the system. I have the installer code.
    I wonder is it because I had messed around adding and removing the battery a few times that it has stopped transmitting?
    It flashes a few times when I put the battery in, and I push the tamper switch once after adding the battery as suggested.
    It has not yet flashed at all when opening the door when I have the sensor in place.
    Also it is not clear to me how to tell if the sensor has been enrolled correctly by looking at the control panel. When it says 'Transmit Now', do I need to get the sensor flashing/transmitting?

Any help appreciated!

BigBru

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you go to enrol and select the zone you want to enrol it onto is there a black square on the right hand side of the screen? If so there is something already enrolled . Press off to delete & try it again. It may be no harm to power the contact down for a minute & power it on again. If your trying to learn in a device that's already on the system the beeps will be different. Try it with an existing device so you know the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bigbru

Thanks for that!
    Seems to be enrolled now.

Now, how do I get it into the 'Armed At Home' group?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this a bedroom window ? Do you want it off during home set?

It's on the back door, so I would like it to be armed for 'At Home'.

It should be by default. Zone type perimeter.

• Advertisement

When I set the arm at home, and then open the back door, it's not triggering the alarm.
    Mind you, I still haven't seen the led light up when opening the back door either..
    The magnet is mounted close enough, and facing the right way etc.

The sensor is enrolled, cos it comes up as Tamper Open on the panel when I remove the cover..

And on away setting or walk test does it activate?
    Does it let you set the alarm with the door open?

It lets me set the alarm with the door open, unfortunately...

Sounds like you have a dodgy contact. You should always get the LED on open/close . Try give it a gentle tap of a screwdriver a few times & see if it opens. I'd be replacing it though, something is not right . Have you tried contact enrol ? Also are you sure the magnet is in the housing ? (Obvious , I know . But its caught me a few times)

The magnet doesn't seem very magnetic..
    I might remove it and put on the old magnet from the previous contact, see how that goes...

• Advertisement

Keep me posted.:D

Changed the magnet. Still no joy.
    Any any hovering of the magnet near the sensor causes no reaction at all - the led still hasn't lit...
    Looks like I will have to return it.. bummer..

Yep sounds faulty if its not opening at all. Did you try giving the contact a few taps?

Tapping made no difference...
    Very annoying...

Thank you for your help anyway!

No problem. let me know how you get on with the replacement.

One more observation - the panel is now showing an error for the back door sensor 'Trouble - Inactivity'.
    So I guess there is something dodgy with the sensor, right?

I have just deleted it from the zone...

I'd say so.

Advertisement