Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting website link on FB & Twitter?

Options
  • 03-06-2012 12:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭

Surely posting links to my website on Facebook & Twitter good for SEO? (I was advised recently by a web developer to do this as much as possible, due to the high PR of these sites).

Or are they 'Nofollow' sites or redirects? (I have also heard these terms mentioned and although I know that this is not good for SEO, I don't really understand the subject:o)
    Any info o advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

They are nofollow so don't have much direct effect on SEO. However they do have an indirect effect so are worth doing. By indirect I mean that people will click on them and some people might republish the link elsewhere as a regular follow or spread 'the word' in other ways which might have SEO benefits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭pennypitstop

Thanks tricky D.
    Do you know if the same applies to the likes of LinkedIn, Pintrest and even Google+ ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Applies to most social sites where you might publish a link which a user might republish elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ye as Tricky D stated nominal seo value but it does get solid visits to your site that may interest them and might get returning vistors.
    Great for website/brand awareness in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vikashmundaa

Surely posting links to my website on Facebook & Twitter good for SEO? (I was advised recently by a web developer to do this as much as possible, due to the high PR of these sites).

Or are they 'Nofollow' sites or redirects? (I have also heard these terms mentioned and although I know that this is not good for SEO, I don't really understand the subject:o)
    Any info o advice?

Yes they are no follow and not only this but many bigger website are now no follow previously there are not much effect of these social networking sites on rankings but i think now it is after google panda update.

• Advertisement
Advertisement