Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make your own GTA mission

• 03-06-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

There are missions we love and missions we hate, but if you could have free reign over creating a mission in any of the previous games or the upcoming one what would you propose?

There's one rule, you can only include elements that are already existant in the gta universe.

Go!

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I touched on this in another thread - you meet up with someone with the same far-left agenda as The Truth. Now, he is probably dead now, maybe not, maybe he'd be in his 80s and you'd pay him visits in hospital and he'd brief you from his death bed.

He'd get you to bomb a series of cluckin bells and burger shots for making America obese and their cruelty towards chickens/cows to get meat. The customers stuffing their faces with burgers are targets too as they are supporting major capitalist companies. This would be The Truth's last act of defiance. What better way to attack American capitalism than to go for the fast food joints.

This is major terrorism, the city would be full of fear and panic and riots would ensue ala SA. NOWHERE in America does riots like LA. If i wasn't on a mobile, i'd get into greater detail but I think you get the jist.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

CMpunked wrote: »
    There are missions we love and missions we hate, but if you could have free reign over creating a mission in any of the previous games or the upcoming one what would you propose?

There's one rule, you can only include elements that are already existant in the gta universe.

Go!

What about you? You have to contribute, lad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

A mission for V:

You meet CJ in a bar near Ganton. He's drinking himself into oblivion because the Grove Street Families have basically disbanded and now he's torturing himself over Brian's death. We finally find out how Brian died and it in some way involved the current leader of the Ballas.

CJ wants to kill him, so he hires you. You set up a meeting with the Ballas in an apartment building somewhere. You plant one of the car bombs on the back of your car and park it in the basement. You're taken upstairs to the Penthouse for the meeting, and at some point you step away and make the phone call to detonate the bomb.

Most of the security guards race to see what happens, leaving you free to attack the leader. Huge gunfight in the building which is now burning. He escapes, and you have to chase him through the streets. He crashes in a similar fashion to Tenpenny.

You then have the option to blow his brains out as he lies trapped in the wreckage of his car, or take him prisoner and take him back to Grove Street, where CJ (and Sweet if he's still alive) decide what to do with him.

It would never happen because of the similarity to the 90's bombing of the World Trade Centre in the building section, but I think it would be cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'd like a mission where you get a police uniform and have to go into a police station.

Lets just say to bug some surveillance equipment to help you find some corrupt cop that's leaning on you.

Walking around pretending you are one of them, maybe a subtle raid on their armoury or evidence lockers on the way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I would love to see a mission where you act as a cleaner. Someone meets calls you and you have to get rid of the evidence of a murder. It could be some thing like A Wolf in Sheep Clothing

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

I'd like a mission where you get a police uniform and have to go into a police station.

Lets just say to bug some surveillance equipment to help you find some corrupt cop that's leaning on you.

Walking around pretending you are one of them, maybe a subtle raid on their armoury or evidence lockers on the way out.

This was a mission in the Getaway on PS2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

This mission could work in any GTA
    You have to track down and murder the fúck out of whoever made that fake Max Payne 2 cheque picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    This was a mission in the Getaway on PS2.

Never played the getaway or owned a PS2. Plus from what I saw the getaway was a serious game, I would look forward to seeing the Rockstar slant on a mission like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd love an updated mission from GTA2 where you drive a fire truck, but instead of water, it's a flamethrower. Don't even care what the mission was about, just that in GTA:V would be incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Another Bank job mission - wasnt there one in Vice City? Loved doing that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mc Love wrote: »
    Another Bank job mission - wasnt there one in Vice City? Loved doing that!

Dunno about Vice, but Three Leaf Clover in IV was probably one of the best missions in the game. Still so much fun. :)

Definitely needs to be some big heist missions like that in the next game. Would be cool if you could properly rob an armoury, not like that stupid mission for Ryder in SA, but actually go in and start loading weapons on to a truck, and then get to sell them, or give them to your crew or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Dunno about Vice, but Three Leaf Clover in IV was probably one of the best missions in the game. Still so much fun. :)

Definitely needs to be some big heist missions like that in the next game. Would be cool if you could properly rob an armoury, not like that stupid mission for Ryder in SA, but actually go in and start loading weapons on to a truck, and then get to sell them, or give them to your crew or something.

The Three Leaf clover was very good too. Here is the Vice mission http://gta.wikia.com/The_Job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

It would be cool to do the heist but like it GTA SA you would have to plan it before hand

Advertisement