Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help.. and yes its about cats again.

Options
  • 03-06-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

My cat had kittens about 9 weeks ago and the last of them where rehomed yesterday...
    She went out in the evening as she usually does, but when I got up this morning I went to give her a rub and her side was shaved and stiched up and her collar was gone :S
    So it transpires some one has had my cat neutered (she was having it done next week anyways) but both city vets and pet hospital assured me it wasn't either of them..
    so who neutered my cat?? :S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

Sounds like one of your neighbors, who was aware that your cat has been breeding took it upon themselves to present your cat to a vet.....I doubt that they would have taken her to a local practice so they wouldn't get caught.

Keep and eye on the wound and make sure there is no swelling or discharge and then take her back to the vets in 10 days for her stitches out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Well there won't be a stranger story on this forum today.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Mystery solved, it's another lady who does resuce close by, apparently one of my lot has been paying her visits haha! I'm getting her number to pay her back anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Someone else neutered your cat, just out of the blue? Well that has to be the weirdest thing I'll hear today..

Someone who lives with you maybe, if not a weird neighbour?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Well there won't be a stranger story on this forum today.
    mecco wrote: »
    Someone else neutered your cat, just out of the blue? Well that has to be the weirdest thing I'll hear today..

Haha, great minds

OP, do you not find this even slightly unusual or am I missing something?

• Advertisement

I do find it odd because she's clearly owned has collars on intermitently (They're safe cat collars) but if she was mistaken for a stray then it's understable because neutering strays and ferals is always a good idea... I don't know what to make of it really...
    I don't want anyone else taking her either but she can open the windows in my house :L

Hussy cat has been seeing other cat ladys..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Have to say when I clicked this thread this is pretty much the last thing I expected to read.

OP your neighbor sounds insane.........

Ahh I wouldn't say insane.
    There's a massive population of cats on this street so it's good for people to look out for them.
    Apparently she was planning on keeping my cat as a pet though :L Wouldn't have stood for that :L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

She sounds like a woman I know that rescues pets. If it's the same woman I'll say she's got a good heart and I got one of my cats through her.

Was just on the phone to her now, she's lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

My neighbour gave me a vasectomy in my sleep one night because my kids had been making a racket the day before, it's not that unusual...

Haha and the world is a better place for it :L

Nah, the story was the woman thought she was pregnant.. not weaning kittens. She'd seen her with her collar on but the cat had gotten it off and the woman thought that she'd been abandoned because she was pregnant.
    She brought her to get neutered and was going to keep her as her own.

At least its all cleared up now...

I was mad confused this morning...

I best keep my own collar on.. I could easily be mistaken for a stray.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

If she thought she was pregnant why did she neuter her?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

JPA wrote: »
    If she thought she was pregnant why did she neuter her?

Because the animal sanctuaries are over run with kittens born to stray cats, many of whom are sick and unwell, finding homes for them all is difficult at best.

Stray cats tend to have fleas/worms/ticks, these can cause flea bit anemia, Hemobartonella, tape worm etc all of which when left untreated can cause a slow painful death for kittens.

Also as not all cats are vaccinated cats can spread diseases such as FIV, FeLV, FIP and others, most of which can be transmitted through fighting and also the mating process which can get quite vicious.

21000 is potential number of kittens born to one un-neutered female cat and her descendants in just seven years! and there are just not enough good homes to go around

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I am looking for a kitten if there are any available

Advertisement