Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating next year

• 03-06-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys,
    Im just wondering if you know what's the best place to repeat leaving cert and could you tell me your experiences of repeating leaving cert. I know that the exam is in few days and all that but i haven't done any work for it and probably won't get my course. I regret it and i know that i can do so much better if i put my head down next year. So any advice with repeating lc? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

At home

1cd234e6_half-trollface.jpeg

But on a serious note that's what I'd do. Any other decent place costs from 6 to 9k

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lamie

Hey I repeated this year in Rathmines VEC. It cost around €300 but if you have a medical card it's free. Big focus on the exam, lovely staff and a superb guidance councilor. Repeating can be bad if your not focused, and I know lots of people who dropped out, cause they didn't put work in, and weren't bothered.
    I was looking at the Institute and Ashfield but they cost a mint, 6-9k as said above.
    You can also apply as an external candidate, they give you a venue where you sit the LC and you study at home.
    Also, seriously from my experience, NEVER work during the LC. I was in college last year and needed the money to go back again next year, but it's a really, really, really stupid idea.
    Good luck if you end up repeating but you never know, exams might go better then expected. Focus on them for the next weeks and if it goes to hell, you have all summer to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

a lot of people repeat in the likes of Yeats or the Institute and that's grand if you have €7000 to pay for fees and then accommodation after that (well unless you live in dublin or wherever).
    i'm repeating this year in my own school, it cost like €300 to repeat and then €300 to do the leaving cert as well. i just felt like i didn't want my parents to pay that money and like people in my school do just as good as those in yeats and all. you can go to those special schools but at the end of the day it's about the amount of work you put in. if you are struggling in subjects i would get a good grinds teacher. everyone thinks if you go to the institute you're gonna get 500+ points but in reality there are a lot of people who don't get that many..

anyway keep hope now! you never know your course could drop or you might get the points! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I repeated this year, waste of time and 250 euro. Do it at home/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Some people can spend 10k and still make a mess of it, some people can spend 300 and do fantastically.

It's up to you, but then it was up to you first time round too.

If you think you're ready to work this year, contact your local VEC school (like Rathmines etc) and start working. No need to spend silly amounts of money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement