Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interviewing

Options
  • 03-06-2012 1:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I dont know if this is the right forum, but it seems fairly close. I have two main questions. Basically, if I wanted to do an interview ala Martin Bashir v Micheal Jackson, what would you need and how would you go about it?

1) What would you need?
    • Yourself
    • The interviewee
    • A camera + cameraman
    • A sound man + his equipment
    • Editing equipment
    Anything else? And what camera / sound stuff / editing equipment would you use? Is there a common brand?

2) How would you sell it? Would you approach RTE / TV3 / BBC with a DVD and say "Will you buy this off me"? How does that end of things usually go down?

Cheers,
    Newmug

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

newmug wrote: »
    Hi all.

I dont know if this is the right forum, but it seems fairly close. I have two main questions. Basically, if I wanted to do an interview ala Martin Bashir v Micheal Jackson, what would you need and how would you go about it?

1) What would you need?
    • Yourself
    • The interviewee
    • A camera + cameraman
    • A sound man + his equipment
    • Editing equipment
    Anything else? And what camera / sound stuff / editing equipment would you use? Is there a common brand?

You may need lights too if you're conducting the interview indoors.
    2) How would you sell it? Would you approach RTE / TV3 / BBC with a DVD and say "Will you buy this off me"? How does that end of things usually go

Normally stations commission interviews and docs in advance. I'd imagine you'd have to have a pretty big interview with someone very hard to get hold of before stations would buy it off you. Also they would want it in a broadcast standard so you'd have to provide it on Digibeta tape at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I got the book shut up and shot he has a chapter dedicated to shooting an interview, how and where to put cameras, lights, sound.

Advertisement