Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to get mms working on lg900 optimus 7 windows phone

Options
  • 03-06-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Any idea how to get mms working on a lg e900 optimus 7 phone? Its a windows phone. Also having problems with internet on it, even though I seem to have edited the apn correctly to the live apn. Using Vodafone payg. I've posted in Vodafone forum and also rang Vodafone cc, but no replys or help from Vodafone cc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

MMS settings aren't configurable through any UI on WP7.

Go to the Marketplace app, go into the LG store, download the network tool. Select the network you want to use, reboot the phone, go back into the app, select it again, reboot again.

I'd love to hear if that works ok for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    breathn wrote: »
    MMS settings aren't configurable through any UI on WP7.

Go to the Marketplace app, go into the LG store, download the network tool. Select the network you want to use, reboot the phone, go back into the app, select it again, reboot again.

I'd love to hear if that works ok for you.

That tool will work for vodafone, if it doesn't their is another way.
    I have the tool, when I run it I don't get any options for network providers or options to configure. Wonder if I take the sum card out and try?
    The LG network tool comes up with 272-01 Vodafone network profile. I cant see how to install these settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

snaps wrote: »
    I have the tool, when I run it I don't get any options for network providers or options to configure. Wonder if I take the sum card out and try?
    The LG network tool comes up with 272-01 Vodafone network profile. I cant see how to install these settings?

Well when you launch the Network Setup app, did it tell you "Setting files are updated and your handset will be rebooted"?

You need to have your SIM in when doing that.

When you tap Network Profile it should list some networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

breathn wrote: »
    Well when you launch the Network Setup app, did it tell you "Setting files are updated and your handset will be rebooted"?

You need to have your SIM in when doing that.

When you tap Network Profile it should list some networks.

No it doesnt do that. Now, ive put in a UK Orange sim. Its comes up with what youve said and rebooted.

Ive now re inserted the Vodafone IRL sim and its now installed the files and rebooted. Ive edited the apn to the live apn.

Sent a mms and now also received a mms.

Fingers crossed all is well?

Advertisement