Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" TV for 199.95 Euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stejk11

Sorry meant to say that the offer is only for today according to their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PowerCityltd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

50Hz? What are we back in the 90s?

Wait, a lot of their TV's are 50Hz, surely that can't be right can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stejk11

Most 32" TV makes are 50Hz unless your going into the smart TV end of things.

Sure a similar Samsung or LG are in the 300 price bracket verses the Walker at 199.95... sounds like a good deal to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

stejk11 wrote: »
    Most 32" TV makes are 50Hz unless your going into the smart TV end of things.

Sure a similar Samsung or LG are in the 300 price bracket verses the Walker at 199.95... sounds like a good deal to me...

+1

And at 32", 50Hz shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,190 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Only 2 hdmi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Only 2 hdmi

what? Jesus, only 2, that definitely won't be enough!

Would expect a lot more connections than that for that price! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Oh here we go again, it's the usual BA whingeing "its €200 but it doesn't have full HD, USB, DVD, make tea, give me the Lotto numbers, etc ..... " :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Oracle wrote: »
    Oh here we go again, it's the usual BA whingeing "its €200 but it doesn't have full HD, USB, DVD, make tea, give me the Lotto numbers, etc ..... " :D

Maybe if people stopped posting bull**** in BA this wouldn't happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Oracle wrote: »

Why would you NOT want to know the features of the bargain alert? That makes no sense. Doesn't matter what price it is, if its doesn't have something you need.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    ... at 32", 50Hz shouldn't be an issue.

Why? what has the size got to do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

BostonB wrote: »
    Why? what has the size got to do with it?

In order to not detect the flickering, your peripheral vision requires a higher frequency of image refreshes than your central vision... widening the TV screen tests more and more of your peripheral vision and hence you need a higher frequency to guarantee flicker-free viewing :-)

...and hence the suggestion above that 50Hz is okay for 32"... also depends how close you sit to it. I've an old 50Hz 42" LCD which seems fine at ~12 feet away.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flicker_fusion_threshold

Why on earth would peripheral vision, outside of 140 degrees come into it? I have noticed that some people just can't see poor image quality on monitors and TV's. They just don't notice it. I've always been very sensitive to it especially on monitors.

I'm always amazed in shops that horrendous picture quality on many TVs mainly because how they are set up. Obviously people don't notice it because they buy them anyway. That said some 50hz TVs look fine to me. Someone in the family has a series Samsung (all 50hz) and it looks great. Whereas I've seem some other TV which were very poor indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Why would you NOT want to know the features of the bargain alert? That makes no sense. Doesn't matter what price it is, if its doesn't have something you need.

Specs are there for all to see, it's not like you're buying blind and a similarly specced Panasonic is €370. Before you tell me Panasonic are in a different league, I've just managed, after 9 months, to get a refund on a Panasonic DVD recorder which was pure, unadulterated ****e.
    Walker, AFAIK, are made by Vestel who also make TVs for Lidl and a few other brands, their after sales service is excellent which is more than can be said for Panasonic.

Someone pointing the limitations of the bargain, is just being helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Someone pointing the limitations of the bargain, is just being helpful.

As is someone pointing out that the BA is a bargain compared to a similarly specced model which is conceivably no better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Problem is that people seem to think they're entitled to a high level of 'service' on bargain alerts, the ignorant bitching and whining from the petty, clawing rabble is just their own way of embarrassing themselves.......

- OP thanks for taking the time to come on here and share this with others, I'm sure many people will buy, enjoy and be grateful to you for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,190 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

mystic86 wrote: »
    what? Jesus, only 2, that definitely won't be enough!

Would expect a lot more connections than that for that price! :rolleyes:

hadn't realised that two is pretty standard under 400€ price point, but looks like it is, I guess you can always get a hdmi switch if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

hadn't realised that two is pretty standard under 400€ price point, but looks like it is, I guess you can always get a hdmi switch if needed
    or pay more for some other TV which isn't as much of a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 donegalpaddy

bmaxi wrote: »
    Specs are there for all to see, it's not like you're buying blind and a similarly specced Panasonic is €370. Before you tell me Panasonic are in a different league, I've just managed, after 9 months, to get a refund on a Panasonic DVD recorder which was pure, unadulterated ****e.
    Walker, AFAIK, are made by Vestel who also make TVs for Lidl and a few other brands, their after sales service is excellent which is more than can be said for Panasonic.

I Can only speak for myself and say that i own 2 panasonic tvs and a recorder and a camera. Never any problems. Both my tvs have 5 yr warrantys. They come as standard. I actually sell panasonics Philips samsungs lakers and lgs and can honestly say that they are by far the most reliable brand on the market. As for service I live in Letterkenny repair centre in Donegal town and their service is by far the best I have ever experienced.m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

By the way, My sister has a Walker tv and so does my Grandmother. I don't blame them being so cheap because their products are crap.

The picture quality is horrible, the sound is horrible and for god sakes, who give you a tv with one scart and no hdmi? (my sisters)

Also, the remote my grandmother got with her's is like something you would find in a childs toy in Smyths.

Anyways enough ranting :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I also got a Vestel produced TV a few weeks ago because the price was excellent, and although the quality was fine picture wise, it developed a fault after 2 and a half weeks of use...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I got this tv a few weeks back for the bedroom , it's perfect for that .

Only problem i have is when I hook my laptop up its doesn't show up fullscreen. There's probably something that can fix that haven't figured it out yet though :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Just saw this reduced to €399 in my local Tesco, FWIW (or this for €329, same price as the Technika yoke they usually sell).

They seem to have Freeview not FreeviewHD its the latter you need for Saorview. Of course if you have SKY or UPC that may not be an issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

They seem to have Freeview not FreeviewHD its the later you need for Saorview. Of course if you have SKY or UPC that may not be an issue.

Not so.

I bought this LG 32 inch 1080P TV from Tesco for a mere 250 euro.and it picks up Saorview too,all from only an indoor ariel too.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

They seem to have Freeview not FreeviewHD its the later you need for Saorview.

That's not a reliable indicator.

Case in point, the Sony & Toshiba Freeview only models posted above by peckerhead are both Saorview approved.

Most Freeview branded sets now imported from the UK will meet the Saorview spec, as they will be DVB-T & MPEG4 H.264.

Freeview HD sets (DVB-T2 & MPEG4) are backwards compatible with our own system so will deliver Saorview, though reports of anomalies with certain brands should steer buyers towards Saorview approved sets only.

Well I did say "seem to have"

Good to know. I tried looking up the specs but couldn't find any details before you replied.

I also got this for 70 euro new (Silvercrest 19 inch TV/DVD Player...ex Lidl stock) and it picks up Saorview too.:D

DVB-T/MPEG 4 will get you Saorview,along with a good indoor digital TV ariel or outdoor ariel too..:)

paddy147 wrote: »
    I also got this for 70 euro new (Silvercrest 19 inch TV/DVD Player...ex Lidl stock) ....

Where?

• Advertisement

Where?

Bargain Base,they sell off ex lidl stock that lidl couldnt sell themselves.

Advertisement