Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with panic

• 03-06-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Okay I don't know what this is and Ive gotten it other times even when I didn't have any l.c to worry about but it does seem to happen when ever something big is happening I don't understand because I'm not worried about it because Ive studied hard all along and my course doesn't have high points.I just wake up in the middle of the night with this feeling of absolute terror and my heart racing, I am so parranoid about this happening during the exams and everyone staring at me the thoughts of being pretty much trapped in a room for 3 hours is freaking me out and I can't just leave the exam hall because they'll think I'm cheating, I tried talking to my parents but they told me I'll have to just stop :( what can I do? I'll just have to suck it up and get over it I guess.God I look like such a whiner when there are people with worse problems :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

First of all everyone will be far too preoccupied with their own exams to even notice what you're doing, so if you do panic in an exam odds are nobody will even notice, and you're not the only one who's worried, people understand.

Secondly you can leave the exam hall if you ask the superintendent if you can go to the bathroom. As long as you stay with the exam attendant this will be fine. If you are freaking out a bit in the exam, just ask to leave for a few minutes, go to the bathroom and take a few minutes to calm yourself down. Make sure to bring water into the exam with you too.

Good luck, you'll definitely be fine. :) As you said, you've worked hard and you're prepared for the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

That always happens in my school, I was one of the 5th years to help out with the exams last year and we were prepared for helping people who had to leave the exam for a breather. Give them some water and calm them down and see when they want to go back in, if you really feel you need it talk to a teacher about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

Thanks guys it really means alot, now that I know the option to leave for a few minutes is there I think I'm gonna be okay now(no one did that during the jc at our school but our school is really small lol) just kind of freaked out there.I was wondering when it would finally happen :o.The funny thing is Ive only been like this this year I'm usually the calm one that people go to for support :rolleyes: The leaving cert eh? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Booom!

Lad..... few tests ..... few naggins..... be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

Some sound advice there thanks for that will definately take it into consideration Booom! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement