Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If England still ruled Ireland

• 03-06-2012 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭

Would you be happy if England still ruled Ireland. Would it not be better than having the French and Germans running Ireland no the yes vote is in .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Shut up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Ah sure twud be grand and we would all be celebrating with lizzy today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

We'd have two Bank Holidays this week for a start.

Three cheers for QEII!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

We'd have no good deli's just feckn greggs. I miss my chicken fillet rolls:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭little swift

we'd have a much better health system thats for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

Ya they really took great care of is during the famine.

Bring on the Germans i say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Eeny meeny miney.. meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

I don't understand these threads....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Yeah I'd love it.

Would give me something new to moan about for a while.

We'd be celebrating the Diamond Jubilee now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

We'ld be wasting our money on funding pointless wars that aren't our own in the first place...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Things must be really bad down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

We'ld be wasting our money on funding pointless wars that aren't our own in the first place...

banks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Ebgland never ruled Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Would there really be much of a difference...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Riamfada wrote: »
    banks?

Banks and wars then it'll be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

A load of UK stores, UK TV stations, our laws and court system based on historic UK ones, most things we do influenced by them, a debt of several billion to them. I think its safe to say that they still do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Firstly France and Germany dont rule us and I think you missed the point of the whole referendum thing.

Secondly we wouldnt be like this but ruled from England if we never got our independence so its a bit of a dud question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Its a myth. The NHS is in disarray. You hope your lucky enough to have the right postcode in order to get the correct treatment. Many NHS trusts are severely in debt or have undertaking contracts with private firms to build facility's are over paying for many many years. Nurses been laid off, many dentists wont take NHS patients as it doesn't pay them anything near the private sector.

The HSE and NHS are siblings of ****eness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

You know if we banned everyone who starts these types of threads, we might just be able to save After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

OP, "if"

Its not that easy, If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

We'd be able to get Lovefilm, buy electronics stuff off amazon.co.uk and watch Father Ted on 4oD without being told we can't due to country restrictions, the bloody cheek!!!

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Would there really be much of a difference...?
    No Fiscal compact treaty & €

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

They'd still have an empah for one ewld boi, that's right, the first nation to break out from under their bulbous and veiny red noses since the USA was in fact Ireland. Which led immediately to the collapse of the rest of their short lived fiefdoms.

Its a wonder they've managed to keep Wales and Cornwall from following the soon to be free Scotland and Northern Ireland since we left them, poor charismaless bastards. All in good time sure, we'll get round to them.

This is also one of the many reasons that the Irish hold a special place in the hearts of many countries around the world.

Oh yes, and what a stupid question.

irish-stew wrote: »
    A load of UK stores, UK TV stations, our laws and court system based on historic UK ones, most things we do influenced by them, a debt of several billion to them. I think its safe to say that they still do.

To be fair UK TV is much better than the ****e that's put on RTE, TV3 and the likes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

We'd have no good deli's just feckn greggs. I miss my chicken fillet rolls:(

This a million times over.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think this thread has been done a few times already. Every single time it's somewhat plumbed the depths and I don't see that changing on this occasion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement