Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

black spot

• 03-06-2012 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

have a heifer that has black spot on 1 spin... takes 30 minutes to milk her:eek: she is from a cow that was also slow... any cure for blackspot... am thinking of just culling her off or maybe cutting off the spin... dont think aplug would work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Fudicin H, cream used to be the recommended treatment , don't expect it to work overnight

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Another cure was dip it into neat jeyes fluid, I know, I know, LC will be on in a minute telling us it's an absolute disgrace, :o

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

snowman707 wrote: »
    Fudicin H, cream used to be the recommended treatment , don't expect it to work overnight
    used it years ago, do you get it in the chemist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

blue5000 wrote: »
    Another cure was dip it into neat jeyes fluid, I know, I know, LC will be on in a minute telling us it's an absolute disgrace, :o

Bit slow off the mark there, with the long weekend and all, but would hate to let ye down, when I am sent for like this.

Yeah, it isn't great stuff to be getting into the food supply by putting it on cow's teats - http://www.bashplots.org.uk/COSHH/Jeyes%20Fluid.pdf

That won't stop anyone on this forum, shure lash it in, kill or cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

blue5000 wrote: »

Tried it with a heifer last year. Took a lot of treatment, 2-3 weeks, twice a day. It cured it in so far as the black spot went away, but the teat always remained slowish. When I put it on, i just dipped the very end of the teat in the jeys, left it for a half minute or so, then sprayed with teat dip to rinse off.
    Have had it on one or two cows and failed. What ever you do dont put up a canula. She will inevitably get mastitis. Worth a try but drying off the quarter can often be the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

LostCovey wrote: »
    Bit slow off the mark there, with the long weekend and all, but would hate to let ye down, when I am sent for like this.

Yeah, it isn't great stuff to be getting into the food supply by putting it on cow's teats - http://www.bashplots.org.uk/COSHH/Jeyes%20Fluid.pdf

That won't stop anyone on this forum, shure lash it in, kill or cure.

Have you got any better suggestions? I just know from experience that it works.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

thanks , going to dry her off, have a lad going to buy her off me for fattening.. should speed up milking by 20 minutes:)

Advertisement