Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aura - Contract?

Options
  • 03-06-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Have recently renewed my contract with Aura. However, I have hurt my foot & going away for the summer, plus contemplating purchasing a motorised treadmill after the summer, so thinking of cancelling my gym membership.

I don't have a contract sheet to check the T&Cs, but just wondering if anyone knew if I could cancel with 30 days notice or such? I don't mind paying the extra month to give notice. As it is, I'm not using it as I've been going for walks in the nice weather & don't want to go to the gym.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

one months notice with 3 months minimum join, they can also put it on hold if you get an injury as far as i know

I assume because you've been there for a year it should be okay to give on months notice

if they say you have to stay for another 4 months cancel the direct debit with the bank but I doubt they will

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

Thanks - I have emailed the gym so hopefully I'll have a favourable outcome. I don't want to be paying for something I'm not using, and at the moment I just won't be using it. I'm hoping to purchase a treadmill and figure I could do that with the money instead of paying for gym membership, which is quite costly.

Did you pay cash up front or by direct debit?

The way your post is worded, I'd assume it's DD but if you paid cash then I don't reckon they'll let you cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

It's Direct Debit. I've already been a member for a year, so I'm hoping it's like with Eircom - sign up to a 12 month contract & you'll be penalised if you attempt to cancel, but if you give 30 days notice AFTER the year is up, you're allowed. I renewed without thinking it through, which is my fault really, but I'm just not using it in this weather & I'll be away also.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you have a doctor's note, I imagine if you go in and show them they'll be able to suspend/freeze your membership until you are feeling better!

• Advertisement
Advertisement